The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM

I don't have any doubt about the Traugott, Kostal, Matsuda, Baranik, Wingert... amazing guitars but I'm still missing other builders in the pictures you posted. What about Mario Beauregard, Ken Parker, linda Manzer and mainly Erving Somogyi, are they still building the best guitars in the world.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Charter Member

Unfortunately, I couldn't get to everyone. I also took most of these photos before the show started, and some builders did not have their guitars on display at that time. One thing I learned from previous shows, if you spend time on too many builders, you will get overloaded and "tone deaf."
Old 12-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Charter Member

A belated thank you for posting the terrific photos from Healdsburg 2013. It was my first show. Suffice to say, it could have gone on for 10 more days and hence, I will be back in 2015 and every two years as long as I am able! So many wonderful people, the craftsman, musicians and attendees...............and let's not forget the guitars. Bruce
Old 12-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Charter Member

Thank you so much for your great report! I always say to myself- next time I must go to Healdsburg, but it is not exactly round the corner from here...
Cosmetically my favorites have to be, in no particular order, Michael Bashkin's 00-12 fret, Kathy Wingert's parlor (cedar top?), and Bill Tippin's...all of them!
Great works of art

best regards
Massimo
Old 12-08-2013, 10:19 AM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Doerr View Post
Thanks for the pics Justin. Sorry I wasn't at the table to meet you but thanks for checking out my guitars!

Has anybody noticed the Boars head next to my guitars? I shared a booth with Jayson Bowerman and he put that there to scare people away at night so they woudln't steal his guitars. Too funny.....Jayson's a cool dude couldn't have asked for a better person to share a booth with. Oh and he killed it himself..
[/QUOTE]

I thought that Boar's head was hilarious. A total non sequitor. Perhaps as a yin to the guitar's yang
Old 12-08-2013, 07:30 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

In addition, Juston, wanted to say thanks for the photos of the Wingert. I am insanely jealous that you got to see those guitars in person. My Wingert is supposedly up on deck to be finished in April. I also like the photo of her you snuck in by the Ken Franklin booth!

Until then I may have to check myself in to Bellvue for "stress and anxiety relating to GAS withdrawal..." You guys can come visit if you bring beer and guitars
Old 12-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Charter Member

It was my pleasure guys. Glad you're enjoying them.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Cool sculpted rosettes by Keystone.

Mike and the Baraniks.

Some amazing Claxtons. I played the mahogany-backed Claxton headed for Trevor’s shop. Someone is in for a treat! Absolutely thrilling. Definitely one of the best of the show.

And last a gaggle of Goodalls.

Enthusiasts.

Thank you very much for posting great pics of guitars!! Really happy that you get interested on my grooved rosette!
Cheers!
Old 02-26-2014, 04:32 PM
Charter Member

Great thread ... thanks for posting!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop