The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-13-2015, 11:37 AM

Default New Custom Michaud Silent Auction. All Proceeds Go To Calgary Humane Society

A stunning new Michaud to share with the world. The best part of this incredible guitar is that all proceeds from the sale of the guitar go to the Calgary Human Society.

The Calgary Humane Society is one of the only open-admission animal shelters in North America able to say this simple phrase: “Every single healthy and adoptable animal is able to stay until they are adopted.” Calgary Humane Society is an open-admission shelter. This means one simple thing: they never say no!

Joel Michaud Presents “Jake”

“Jake” OO-R: Sinker Redwood, Macassar Ebony Back and Sides, Bridge, Ebony Fretboard, 25″ Scale, 1 3/4″ Bone Nut, 2 1/4″ Bone Saddle, Gold Gotoh 510 Tuners

For full details please see link below;
http://symphontreemusic.com/joel-mic...human-society/

Thanks for checking the guitar out.

Old 11-13-2015, 11:44 AM
Charter Member

Default Awesome!

What a cool thing to do--somebody's gonna get an awesome guitar and support a wonderful cause to boot!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 11-13-2015, 12:01 PM

That's a gorgeous guitar that I would love to own, but I don't have the money presently to make a decent offer, much less win a silent auction. If it were a raffle instead, I would happily donate $10 or so to such a good cause, even if I only had a small chance of winning. I suppose the drawback would be that you might not raise as much money. Ah well. Good luck.
Old 11-13-2015, 12:31 PM
Charter Member

I'm not familiar with silent auctions, so please forgive my ignorance/naiveté. Does this mean, if you want to bid, you get one shot? Or, is there some way to keep track of the bidding to see what it is up to and then decide if you want to jump in the pool? I feel foolish asking, but want to be clear about this. Thank you.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 11-13-2015, 03:09 PM

I should have elaborated more on the "silent" auction bit so it's my fault. You can offer what ever you would like and offer more if denied. At the end of the day the guitar is going home with someone and the CHS will get the funds. If someone offers full price or more then the guitar will automatically sell to that client. It's really just about supporting the cause and getting another one of Joel's guitars into a players hands. Thanks for showing your support and let me know if you have any further questions.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphontree View Post
... At the end of the day the guitar is going home with someone and the CHS will get the funds.
At the end of the day as in today?
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 11-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

Great to read that Joel is making this beauty available for such a good cause.

I can say from meeting him at the Memphis Festival and playing his guitars that he is crafting some imaginative and great sounding instruments. The Sinker Redwood - Macassar Ebony combination is the same as I selected for my first custom build and it continues to bring a smile every time I play it.
Warm, lush sound great for fingerstyle and light to medium strumming. Good luck to whomever claims this one and thanks to Joel for supporting this cause with his work!
Old 11-13-2015, 03:33 PM

Sorry for the confusion."At the end of the day" was meant as a figure of speech and not to be taken literally. Every offer will be taken seriously. I do not want to put a time limit on the auction. For example if someone offers $__ and both Joel and I are happy with the donation then the guitar will sell. We are not going to wait around and find out if someone will donate more.
Thanks
Old 11-13-2015, 10:13 PM

Well, as many of you guys know, I am a huge fan of Joel's work and it is definitely not my last (nor close to last) build with him. Joel's base price is about to rise and wait list about to close by year end (I shall be posting something soon with details) so this is a great opportunity to get a Michaud Made at his old pricing while contributing to a great cause!

SJ VanSandt, I was hoping it would be a raffle too so that I could somehow have a chance at this baby, but as you said, it might not raise as much money haha

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
michaud, michaud made