The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-17-2018, 10:48 AM

Default LR Baggs Venue and Boss RV6 - chewing batteries

I bought a Baggs Venue and a Boss RV6 to use with my new Breedlove, which has the Baggs Anthem pickup. The Venue is advertised to give nearly 200 hours on a single battery, and when I use it without the RV6, it lasts a long time. Every time I route the signal through the RV6 (send/return on Venue), both batteries are dead before I finish a set. Anybody else had this issue? And how does one device use up the other device's battery? Suggestions on a fix?

jagusafr
Old 12-17-2018, 11:44 AM

It does not make sense. Something is not right and most likely with the Baggs effect's loop. I would call Baggs tech support and see what they have to say. I assume you are using two mono TS cables to make the connection. It is possible TRS cables could expose some quirk in the design of the two pedals that is taking down the batteries.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields

Last edited by jonfields45; 12-17-2018 at 02:19 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
baggs, batteries, rv6, venue