The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 01-11-2019, 08:15 AM

Default Beatles Let It Be movie

Better watch this before it disappears for another 50 years. Great insight into the inner workings, and beginning of the end for The Beatles. Enjoy!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-zP_8u3-cc
Old 01-11-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1 View Post
Better watch this before it disappears for another 50 years.
I saw it once in the theater (that was one time too many). I've let it be from then on.

Last edited by Inyo; 01-11-2019 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:35 PM

I had forgotten how great this documentary film was. In my minds eye this is how I always visualize The Beatles. All right around their mid to late twenty’s, confidant and brilliant in their creativity. Edgy, and at the very edge of falling out of love with each other. Two alpha dogs, a beta and one of the luckiest guys in the world.
Getting close to sixty years on since the start in Liverpool, I thank God I had the chance to live my life in the same timeline as them.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:49 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
I had forgotten how great this documentary film was. In my minds eye this is how I always visualize The Beatles. All right around their mid to late twenty’s, confidant and brilliant in their creativity. Edgy, and at the very edge of falling out of love with each other. Two alpha dogs, a beta and one of the luckiest guys in the world.
Getting close to sixty years on since the start in Liverpool, I thank God I had the chance to live my life in the same timeline as them.
I think they were well past falling out of love with each other by then - they probably put on a relatively harmonious show for the cameras and the rooftop concert, but I think they were pretty much doing their own things by that point. I haven't seen that thing since I was a kid, but I remember it pretty well.

-Ray
Old 01-11-2019, 07:04 PM

I disagree Ray. Just watch the scenes on the rooftop. Their body language and facial gestures towards each other are as full of love and respect as could ever be expected. This is four people who had been joined at the hip for a decade and needed their own space. Years later, after the dust and lawsuits settled, they all regretted not being able to continue.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:12 AM

The rooftop gig was one of the greatest stunts in history. Whoever dreamed that one up deserves wings of gold! It was made twenty times better with the arrival of the bumbling British plod.
I've no idea why this has stayed in the dark for so long. It belongs in the archive of the greats, for all to see and enjoy.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:45 AM

Thanks very much for posting the link.brillant.
Nick
Old 01-12-2019, 12:41 PM
Charter Member

If you Google "Let it Be full movie download" there are a couple Archive links where you can download different formats to your 'puter. You may also need to download a free player such as the 5KPlayer for mpeg4's
Guilds: 69 F312 Braz, 89 Nightbird II, 91 Nightbird CU, 94 GV70, 96 A50 flattop, 06 CO1 Cedar, 11 F30CE, 13 CS F30R Reno Star, 14 GSR F30CE Coco, Orpheum OM RW, Orpheum SS Hog. SOLD: Guilds: 78 F40,79 F112,’87 GF60R,94 DV72,07 CS F47 Braz,11 DD6MCE,12 F30,12 F30R,18 F2512. Other: 70 Epi 5102,74 Ibanez LesPaul,90 Gibson ES347,15 Alvarez MFA70,15 Martin OM28VTS,15 Epi ES339Pro,16 Alvarez AF60
Old 01-12-2019, 01:39 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
I disagree Ray. Just watch the scenes on the rooftop. Their body language and facial gestures towards each other are as full of love and respect as could ever be expected. This is four people who had been joined at the hip for a decade and needed their own space. Years later, after the dust and lawsuits settled, they all regretted not being able to continue.
From everything I’ve read, they were pretty much done working as an organic whole by the White album. And then they still did Abbey Road, Hey Jude, and Let It Be after that. And I think that’s apparent through most of the sessions in this movie. Doesn’t mean they couldn’t still have an occasional good time playing together. Maybe like a divorced couple who gets along better after the marriage is over and they know they don’t have to live together anymore.

I don’t KNOW - I was only 11 years old when they called it quits, but that’s my understanding...

-Ray
Old 01-12-2019, 02:16 PM

Quote:
The rooftop gig was one of the greatest stunts in history. Whoever dreamed that one up deserves wings of gold!.
The thing that always gets me about the rooftop set is the onlookers -- they couldn't possibly look less enthused. Unbelievable.

Couch Standards
Old 01-12-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
The rooftop gig was one of the greatest stunts in history.
I've no idea why this has stayed in the dark for so long. It belongs in the archive of the greats, for all to see and enjoy.
True it should be out for everyone to enjoy, especially since they found more footage. But I think a certain Paul McCartney is putting the blocks to it. He actually is quite painful to watch.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slooky View Post
True it should be out for everyone to enjoy, especially since they found more footage. But I think a certain Paul McCartney is putting the blocks to it. He actually is quite painful to watch.
I wonder if you'll still be mad at McCartney after you've read THIS.

Couch Standards
Old 01-21-2019, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

Beatles was pretty much like religion for me back then. When Let it Be came out, I was working as a projectionist in my small hometown theater. Ran this like 25 times. Eye to peephole every possible second!
Old 01-28-2019, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Hahn View Post
I wonder if you'll still be mad at McCartney after you've read THIS.
Not mad at all. 2020 ,,hmm that sounds grand. Just hard to get past his ego.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:58 PM

I actually recorded this movie off the TV on a Betamax machine one Christmas night in the early 1980's. It was shown at midnight for some reason. For Beatles fans a very interesting movie. Too bad they were falling apart at the time. Still...when the four of them (plus Billy Preston) played on the roof they could still fire on all cylinders.

There is another documentary clip on YouTube that claims the Beatles were apparently talking about doing a series of shows and playing tunes off the "White Album" in December of 1968 but they never materialized. I can't help but wondering if maybe Lennon wanted to include his new girlfriend Yoko in these shows and that might be why they never happened.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN