The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-11-2020, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscom View Post
Sorry for the hijack but what pickup did you put in its place?
I put a Rare Earth Blend in there instead. I’ve got a K&K in my other Eastman.

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT
Old 09-14-2020, 10:06 AM

I had a Spectrum for several years. It did what id was supposed to do very well. However, I found I had a need ( want?) for some basic effects also. So I went with a Trans Acoustic Transit A instead. It handles the typical acoustic pickup well, and adds reverb, chorus, and delay, along with a boost function. For my uses, I value those over having 'the perfect acoustic' tone. Sorry, but I play primarily in church, and have found that most folks aren't even aware of the lack......
Old 09-14-2020, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
I had a Spectrum for several years. It did what id was supposed to do very well. However, I found I had a need ( want?) for some basic effects also. So I went with a Trans Acoustic Transit A instead. It handles the typical acoustic pickup well, and adds reverb, chorus, and delay, along with a boost function. For my uses, I value those over having 'the perfect acoustic' tone. Sorry, but I play primarily in church, and have found that most folks aren't even aware of the lack......
The Spectrum has an effects loop, you could have the best of both worlds!
Old 09-14-2020, 02:04 PM

I also tried the Transit A and found that it "colored" the overall sound a lot. I also found the Chorus really weird sounding and it went from almost nothing to way too much with a small movement of the knob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat View Post
Old 04-12-2021, 09:29 AM

I'm looking for a used one to buy if any of you guys want to get rid of theirs. thanks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification