The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-06-2021, 07:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
The Anthem improved the sound for sure, but anything will be better than the stock Sonitone pickup. The install wasn't easy, but my luthier was able to do it. Yes he reused the battery part for the Anthem. You will lose the tuner, if that matters to you. The only issue was the size of the bridge plate. There's very little room to fit the tru-mic piece on the bridge. I was able to fit it behind the bridge pins. Good luck.
Good information Jack. If I would have kept mine, I would have got something like this installed. Good to hear it can be done.

The on-board tuner is no loss really. I liked that it killed the pick-up when you turned it on. I liked nuthin else about it whatsoever.
Lowden S32J
Guild F-512e (Spruce/Rosewood)
Old 07-06-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
The Anthem improved the sound for sure, but anything will be better than the stock Sonitone pickup. The install wasn't easy, but my luthier was able to do it. Yes he reused the battery part for the Anthem. You will lose the tuner, if that matters to you. The only issue was the size of the bridge plate. There's very little room to fit the tru-mic piece on the bridge. I was able to fit it behind the bridge pins. Good luck.
Great info, thanks!

I *might* try the Mojotone NC-1 soundhole pickup first. My past experience with soundhole pickups has not been good but I’ve seen some rather surprising reviews of the Mojotone, including a few comments that it can stand shoulder to shoulder with an Anthem. I’m skeptical but I may try it.
Old 07-07-2021, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coler View Post
Good information Jack. If I would have kept mine, I would have got something like this installed. Good to hear it can be done.

The on-board tuner is no loss really. I liked that it killed the pick-up when you turned it on. I liked nuthin else about it whatsoever.
Yes it was a very frustrating tuner to use. If you are going to put something inside the guitar like that, please make it at least equal to a simple clip on Snark.
Old 07-07-2021, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
Great info, thanks!

I *might* try the Mojotone NC-1 soundhole pickup first. My past experience with soundhole pickups has not been good but I’ve seen some rather surprising reviews of the Mojotone, including a few comments that it can stand shoulder to shoulder with an Anthem. I’m skeptical but I may try it.
I'm not sure yet what the optimum pickup for the SC13E is as of yet. Most people leave the stock Sonitone in there (which I can't understand at all) and I don't know anyone else besides myself that switched it out for something else.
The Anthem SL did improve the sound but I wonder if there's a better pickup for this guitar?
Old 07-23-2021, 07:44 AM

So I guess everyone is just leaving the stock pickup in their SC13e?
Maybe that's the best route with this guitar and just clean it up afterwards with some EQ or IR?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion