The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-01-2021, 06:54 AM

Default Kremona F65CW-SB or Godin Concert CW QIT?

Need some advice.

I'm not looking to be a classical or flamenco player. I'd just like a good acoustic-electric nylon to play for church, fingerpick Jim Croce and Mickey Newbury tunes, etc.

I've been researching Takamine, Yamaha, etc. but keep coming back to these two. Anyone played them both? I know this is a dumb question, but is the Kremona really $400 better?
Old 10-02-2021, 04:29 AM

Hi Chris,
I have the exact Godin model, its a beautiful Guitar but I very rarely pick it up, although it has a lovely action and very playable, the Cedar top is just to mellow for my taste, its also a shallow body with lowish volume, I never use it plugged in, it was an impulsive buy for me, I stick with my louder and brighter toned ALL solid Maple alternative. I'd rather a Kremona Romida, all solid, Spruce top, Rosewood back and sides, I will be trading the Godin for this when I can. Best of luck.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:17 AM

Thanks is for the input. That’s very helpful.
Old 10-04-2021, 03:22 AM
Charter Member

The other thing to consider is, if coming from steel strings, whether you will like the 2" flat fingerboard, of if 1 7/8 radiused crossover is more natural for you.
FWIW I have a Kremona Sofia S63CW custom with a spruce top (the ex EvanB one for those who followed his search) which I think is very nice, it projects well and has a good range. it is probably better than my (still nice) Cordoba fusion 12 maple, but the jury is still out on that one (this is somewhat figuring out which scale length I prefer). If you have not considered Cordoba then I can recommend them as well. I have not tried the Godin
The Kremona was pretty new when I got it - it took a few weeks and some high tension fluorocarbon strings to open up. This gave it a pretty different and fuller sound.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical