The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 01-21-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btdvox View Post
Hey guys,

Long time no post but I'm super excited to be posting this thread. I recently commissioned an acoustic build recently from Joel Michaud of MichaudMade (http://www.michaudmade.com/). Joel's a luthier out of Calgary, Alberta here in Canada. What I'm most excited about this build is a piece of Flamed Brazilian Rosewood we'll be using. Joel's had 2 other sister sets of this wood and they've made for amazing acoustics in both tone and visuals! There's going to be a ton of appointments including an armest but I'll leave those details closer to when the build fully starts. I'll post updates as I get them over the next while. It's been awhile since I got a new build, after getting a Paragon and Cornerstone, a lot of my acoustic needs were met but I've wanted to own a Braz R/W based guitar for a long while.

We're going to be building an OM-R which is his take on a traditional OM sized-acoustic. We'll be using a creamy European Spruce to match with the Braz RW.

Some early pics-

Here's the set of Braz I'm getting:

Here's one of the sister sets made from this same Brazilian RW:
Yowsers! That is some beautiful wood. I recall wanting that set from Joel for my build but he said it had already been called for You are in for a real treat! I have yet to hear a purer guitar than my Michaud Made OM-R Moon Spruce/BRW

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
brazilian, michaud, rosewood