The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 06:48 PM
Charter Member

Default SOLD Greven Custom 000 OM Brazilian Rosewood / Lutz, Deep Body, K&K Pure Mini, Harpto

*SOLD*
Handcrafted 2015 John Greven 000 / OM - Lutz Spruce / Brazilian Rosewood / Herringbone / Deep Body

Handcrafted by luthier John Greven in Portland, Oregon. John's tops, including this one, are usually solid Lutz spruce, which combines power and warmth. The back and sides on this guitar are an extraordinary set of solid Brazilian rosewood-- this is just some of the nicest Brazilian I've ever seen. Striking buckeye burl rosette, ebony fingerboard & bridge.

24.9" scale
1-3/4" nut width
Soft-V neck profile
2-9/32 string spacing at saddle
3-3/4" upper bout depth (0.4" deeper than standard 000/OM)
4-3/8" body depth at end block (0.25" deeper than standard 000/OM)

Big, warm, sweet, articulate voice. Very lightweight and vibrant--alive. To my ears the tone is a lot like a vintage Brazilian rosewood Martin 000 / OM.

This guitar has been played, with love. There are numerous light scratches dings, and a few fairly noticeable ones (I can send close-up photos by request). Negligible fret wear. The neck is straight and the action is perfect for fingerstyle (the setup was done by John Greven himself in January 2020), with 5/64" at the 12th fret on the bass E and 4/64" at the 12th fret on the treble E using light (.012-.053") strings.

Includes K&K Pure Mini pickup installed and Harptone vintage-style case with olive green interior (these are wonderful, rugged old-vibe, USA-made cases-- expensive and hard to get). Non-original cocobolo strap button and non-original faux tortoise bridge pins by Waverly (John's original white pins will be in the case pocket).

This is a knock-your-socks-off beauty to look at and hear-- it's as rich, vibrant and alive to play as it is beautiful to look at.

$SOLD shipped and PayPal'd in the continental U.S. Please email (not AGF message) to Peter, pwalker3 [at] gmail [daht][kahm]

Last edited by Peterw; 07-21-2021 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:19 PM
Charter Member

Nice. Any recordings?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
000, brazilian, deep body, lutz, orchestra model