The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 10-21-2010, 05:18 PM

Default solid ground (original praise)

Wrote and recorded this the other day, dedicated to my Dad whos in the hospital on the other side of the globe in Germany right now.

http://www.box.net/shared/v6e2aebfmy?sid=GAN_1164002705
Old 10-21-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortymack View Post
Wrote and recorded this the other day, dedicated to my Dad whos in the hospital on the other side of the globe in Germany right now.

http://www.box.net/shared/v6e2aebfmy?sid=GAN_1164002705
Nice song. In my head phones it sounds like the gain needs turned down a bit because I hear quite bit of clipping. I think a little less reverb would let the vocals and guitar shine too. Really nice lyrics. Hope your Dad recovers.

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 10-22-2010, 03:59 AM

Sorry for your Dad, I hope he recovers quickly. The song is very nice. I second the good advice posted by Ranger. Less reverb would definitely improve the sound.

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 10-22-2010, 02:52 PM

Thank you for listening, and for the condolences. I am glad that you liked it. It was tracked kinda hot and the vocals are a bit too wet I agree. The guitar is completely dry, no reverb, its just the awesome sustain of my Blueridge shining through sounding like its processed with effects.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:50 PM

Awesome, keep writing & I hope the best for your Dad.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:49 PM

Praise report: Pop has been out of ICU for a couple days now and is doing better each day. Hoping to be discharged next week and on a plane back home. Thank you for your support.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:20 PM

Nice song. Good message. Glad to hear your father is doing better.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:02 AM

Loved the song... prayers for your Dad!

Gibson "Custom Late 1950's Reissue Southern Jumbo Triburst"
Taylor 314CE (Built by Ren Ferguson)
Mystery Resonator
Fender Stratocaster
Old 02-22-2011, 10:10 PM

So i received an email today from box net claiming that I have infringed on a copyright OF MY OWN music.

To whom it may concern,

We have recently received a complaint regarding the following file(s), which you have been sharing through your Box.net account, and infringe on a previously-held copyright:

All Files/songs/solid ground.mp3
All Files/songs/solid ground.mp3

We have deleted the above file(s) from your account. Please delete any other files from your account that may infringe on any previously-held copyrights, as these go against the Box.net Terms of Service. Be aware that further infractions may result in account termination.

Sincerely,
The Box.net team

I have to admit, seeing this message got me mad and Im mulling over what to do next. Either someone has stolen my music (praise music mind you) and claims to be the owner or there is someone who filed a complaint who either doesnt like me or the song/message it sends. What do you guys think I should do? I thought that I had copywritten this song as I do all others that I make public but it turns out in the midst of the situation with my father I never did. This is the one and only time I forgot to do so. I am upset over this to say the least.

I have had this link in my sig since I wrote the song.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:02 AM

I'm wondering if it was just the song title which someone saw and flagged.

I am so sick of all this copyright crap in almost everything we do now. It is all going to fall apart one day and take the entire music 'business' with it. I'll be glad to see it go.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:32 AM

I would reply to their e-mail and tell them that they have been duped by a malicious person, and that you are the author of the song and the legal owner of all rights. I would further inform them that if the claim was made on the basis of the title, that song titles are not protected under copyright unless they are made of a unique word or phrase, of which this title is not.

Good luck.

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 02-23-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortymack View Post
So i received an email today from box net claiming that I have infringed on a copyright OF MY OWN music.
I have to admit, seeing this message got me mad and Im mulling over what to do next. Either someone has stolen my music (praise music mind you) and claims to be the owner or there is someone who filed a complaint who either doesnt like me or the song/message it sends. What do you guys think I should do? I thought that I had copywritten this song as I do all others that I make public but it turns out in the midst of the situation with my father I never did. This is the one and only time I forgot to do so. I am upset over this to say the least.
I have had this link in my sig since I wrote the song.
Shorty, do not be upset. Copyright infringement notices are flagged and enforced quite mechanically. Your title may have confused some robotic search engine; after all Cold Play, and a few others share an identical title “Solid Ground”. This fact alone may have lead to the confusion.

Youtube’s policy illustrates Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
http://www.youtube.com/t/dmca_policy
This applies to Box.Net as well, of course.

You must follow the counter-notification procedure to inform them of your rights and the error they made, in your case. It is a “false claim” of infringement, inadvertent as it may be.
(Engelmann Spruce and Indian Rosewood)
German Vazquez Rubio -Flamenco Blanca
(Spruce and Spanish Cypress)
Old 02-23-2011, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1131 View Post
I would reply to their e-mail and tell them that they have been duped by a malicious person, and that you are the author of the song and the legal owner of all rights. I would further inform them that if the claim was made on the basis of the title, that song titles are not protected under copyright unless they are made of a unique word or phrase, of which this title is not.

Good luck.
I would agree with this.......
Old 02-27-2011, 12:47 AM

Thanks gentlemen for your responses about what to do.

Two emails sent and just as I suspected not a reply. I will give it a couple more days then take further action. It blows me away that from one single falsely made complaint they just yanked my tune.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell