The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-11-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Rose View Post
True Wade, but Tonepros are VG tuners. With them, you can have the best of both worlds.
Okay, I guess I need you to translate "VG tuners" for me. I've yet to find any Kluson-style tuners that are as accurate as sealed gear Gotohs. Even the Gotoh 510 version of the Kluson style isn't as accurate as their basic sealed gear tuners costing much less.

whm
Old 09-11-2017, 10:03 AM

To all for your very informative and helpful replies: A VERY BIG THANKS!

It seems to me that the Gotoh's carry the vote. So I will be going that route.

Thank you all again!

I'll let you know how it went.

Cheers, Bob

Larrivee D10 (2003)
Larrivee OM10 RX Moonspruce (2018)
Martin HD28V (2014)
Taylor K62ce 12-fret LTD 12-string (2016)
Taylor GSmini-e Rosewood (2014)
Gibson J45 Standard Vintage Sunburst (2016)
Ovation Custom Elite CE778 (2002)
Old 09-11-2017, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Okay, I guess I need you to translate "VG tuners" for me.

I've yet to find any Kluson-style tuners that are as accurate as sealed gear Gotohs. Even the Gotoh 510 version of the Kluson style isn't as accurate as their basic sealed gear tuners costing much less.
Sorry, I meant 'very good'. The build quality is far superior to the orig Klusons'. TP's beefed-up the casing & internal gearing.

Quote:
TonePros® primary focus was to pinpoint and troubleshoot the inadequacies of old design tuning machines and apply TonePros “cutting edge” technology and highest quality standards. The result was a “vintage format” machine head that has world class performance, while retaining the classic look and feel of the worlds most famous and emulated tuner. Keeping with traditional TonePros® style, these new tuner products are no more expensive than their now obsolete counterparts, yet they provide numerous advantages, including:

Exceptional smooth/tight gear “feel”.
Improved "modern" gear ratios.
World class technology & quality.
I realize that whatever tuners the OP intends to use is entirely up to him. Just thought I'd throw this one out there. Also, the 'New Kluson' tuners were redesigned & are an improvement over the previous design, but they're still not in the same league as TonePros. I have no issue w/ Gotoh either. Their products are exclt & have used them on many builds...

tuner info: http://bryankimsey.com/tuners/
Old 09-14-2017, 07:33 PM
Guest 2223

Does anyone have any advice for direct replacement of the three on a plate closed back kluson style tuners as found on the J45 TV?

Last edited by Guest 2223; 09-14-2017 at 07:41 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion