The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-22-2022, 10:28 AM

Warning: possibility of excessive DRY humor here. Sarcasm? Never!
Regarding the S-1 pro speaker. I have two of these units so my disappointment is easily doubled. The sound from the S-1 is very, very good. For me. I do understand that because they are made by the Bose company no one likes them. I am thinking I may remove the logo and affix a more accepted name. In all honestly, I have have had a difficulty with one of mine, got it dealt with, but It still sounds nice. I understand that this manufacturer (and honestly, MOST manufacturers) failed miserably by not including EVERY SINGLE feature known to mankind with the product. Would I like a few changes? You bet I would, but I can learn to live with the poor design. I bought the first one I heard, not understanding that no master volume, Matt black finish and the lack of a 7 band EQ was a deal breaker. NOW, I know better. I would sell both of them but I don’t know if I could live with the guilt of foisting such a disappointing device onto fellow members of this site. I may hide them in my storage shed until I can figure out how to dispose of them without negative ramifications. I may be stuck with them, but I am the only one to blame here.

No offense meant here, just one of those peeves I guess. If I had more friends I could vent with them instead of burdening you folks. But I don’t.

Thanks, and have a perfect day…..
Old 09-22-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbigfly View Post
I would sell both of them but I don’t know if I could live with the guilt of foisting such a disappointing device onto fellow members of this site. I may hide them in my storage shed until I can figure out how to dispose of them without negative ramifications. I may be stuck with them, but I am the only one to blame here.

No offense meant here, just one of those peeves I guess. If I had more friends I could vent with them instead of burdening you folks. But I don’t.

One of the most eloquently written pieces on this forum. I think I will skip the S1 consideration all together and probably pull the trigger on the Turbosound iP300 or QSC CP8 instead. Thanks friend, call me any time haha!
Old 10-02-2022, 11:53 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbigfly View Post
Warning: possibility of excessive DRY humor here. Sarcasm? Never!
Regarding the S-1 pro speaker. I have two of these units so my disappointment is easily doubled. The sound from the S-1 is very, very good. For me. I do understand that because they are made by the Bose company no one likes them. I am thinking I may remove the logo and affix a more accepted name. In all honestly, I have have had a difficulty with one of mine, got it dealt with, but It still sounds nice. I understand that this manufacturer (and honestly, MOST manufacturers) failed miserably by not including EVERY SINGLE feature known to mankind with the product. Would I like a few changes? You bet I would, but I can learn to live with the poor design. I bought the first one I heard, not understanding that no master volume, Matt black finish and the lack of a 7 band EQ was a deal breaker. NOW, I know better. I would sell both of them but I don’t know if I could live with the guilt of foisting such a disappointing device onto fellow members of this site. I may hide them in my storage shed until I can figure out how to dispose of them without negative ramifications. I may be stuck with them, but I am the only one to blame here.

Thanks for the well crafted and hilarious commentary. Since I play my Taylors through my S1 my time as an accepted AGF member is likely limited so I wanted to post quickly before my privileges are revoked.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification