The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair

Old 02-12-2019, 10:07 AM

Can you drop fill those dents? I have filled dents like that with pumice and alcohol. It was a slow process and I had to re-finish that part of top again. I do French polishing.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfastly View Post
I still think it was the kids or the pets. Dogs and cats can jump, y'know.
Kid was out of town and dog can't jump that high up a wall, especially where it was located.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasfelty View Post
Can you drop fill those dents? I have filled dents like that with pumice and alcohol. It was a slow process and I had to re-finish that part of top again. I do French polishing.
Dropped the guitar off at Randy Wood guitars today and he said he can remove the scratches so they are nearly invisible and repolish the necessary areas! Should be ready next week. Keeping my fingers crosssed.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulzoom View Post
Kid was out of town and dog can't jump that high up a wall, especially where it was located.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulzoom View Post
Dropped the guitar off at Randy Wood guitars today and he said he can remove the scratches so they are nearly invisible and repolish the necessary areas! Should be ready next week. Keeping my fingers crosssed.
Glad you found someone to do that for you. I had a guitar with a mark on the front that used to bother me too. I did a repair on it. It wasn't perfect but it was 90% better and didn't stand out so much.
Old 02-15-2019, 05:08 PM

Could you post photos of finished repair?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Build and Repair