The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-20-2020, 08:57 AM

Yes the Transit A has everything the way I like it. I am looking at this or the Flyrig. The Flyrig seems to have all the same stuff but in a more compact package. I have not heard either in action.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilgour2000 View Post
The Transit A does have compression. It’s built into the Gain knob, and it works really well. I have one, and I love it. And it’s not really THAT big - 12” x 5”. No menus - everything is right there

Attachment 38058
Old 05-20-2020, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Yes the Transit A has everything the way I like it. I am looking at this or the Flyrig. The Flyrig seems to have all the same stuff but in a more compact package. I have not heard either in action.
This video is well worth a watch:
https://youtu.be/Hj6KQEsJOHw

It’s a detailed comparison of the Tonedeq, Flyrig, Transit A, Zoom AC-3 and Valeton Dapper Mini (I bought one of the back of this video for £29 and it is ridiculously good value and built as well as all the others).

I’ve owned or own all of the pedals in the video apart from the Zoom. Between the Trace and the Flyrig it’s a real tough call. I like different things about each, but both a really nice, well built compact pedals.

Build - Transit A feels more solid. The dials on the flyrig don’t feel as tough.

Tuner - both work fine. Flyrig is smaller Transit utilises all the lights on the board. Depends on which you prefer.

Reverb - Flyrig - it has two types to the Transits single reverb.

Chorus/Delay - Transit A - you can use both at once

EQ - Transit has a Pre-Shape which I really like but flyrig has the sweepable mids. Both have a notch. You can adjust the gain on the transit and it also has a piezo boost to increase the impedance.

Boost/Compression - Both have boost which work equally well. The transit A boost is more sensitive IMO. The compression is built into the gain for the Transit, separate dials and button for the compression on the flyrig. Both work well. Depends on how much control you want over it?

Gibson Songwriter Standard EC
Lowden WL-22
Maton SRS808
Taylor AD11-SB
Taylor 811 GT

Last edited by Nick84; 05-20-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:02 AM

Yes its down to these 2. The Transit A sounds more like what I would prefer.
I like the option to use the scoop EQ. I am not good with parametric EQs.
I also think the delay and chorus sound great on the Transit A. The flyrig's biggest plus is how narrow it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick84 View Post
This video is well worth a watch:
https://youtu.be/Hj6KQEsJOHw

It’s a detailed comparison of the Tonedeq, Flyrig, Transit A, Zoom AC-3 and Valeton Dapper Mini (I bought one of the back of this video for £29 and it is ridiculously good value and built as well as all the others).

I’ve owned or own all of the pedals in the video apart from the Zoom. Between the Trace and the Flyrig it’s a real tough call. I like different things about each, but both a really nice, well built compact pedals.

Build - Transit A feels more solid. The dials on the flyrig don’t feel as tough.

Tuner - both work fine. Flyrig is smaller Transit utilises all the lights on the board. Depends on which you prefer.

Reverb - Flyrig - it has two types to the Transits single reverb.

Chorus/Delay - Transit A - you can use both at once

EQ - Transit has a Pre-Shape which I really like but flyrig has the sweepable mids. Both have a notch. You can adjust the gain on the transit and it also has a piezo boost to increase the impedance.

Boost/Compression - Both have boost which work equally well. The transit A boost is more sensitive IMO. The compression is built into the gain for the Transit, separate dials and button for the compression on the flyrig. Both work well. Depends on how much control you want over it?
Old 05-20-2020, 01:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
The A1 Four is all hidden menus
In my opinion, I don't think it's all that hidden. Push a button and all the parameters for the effect are there to edit with the control of 4 knobs.
Again, just my opinion. Good luck in your search
Old 05-21-2020, 06:13 AM

I agree. Just not sure the A1 Four has the best sounding effects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
In my opinion, I don't think it's all that hidden. Push a button and all the parameters for the effect are there to edit with the control of 4 knobs.
Again, just my opinion. Good luck in your search

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification