The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-10-2019, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
Can that confessor mic be used for recording vocals?
Interesting play on words ... it's a condenser mic. And yes, condensers are the preferred mics for just about anything, but especially vocals. And once you use one, you'll find you'll need to confess your vocal sins, because they are sensitive and pick up every nuance.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

Totally agree. I do not use USB mics nor do I own a Mac. I just remembered reading the article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Possible perhaps, but looks to me a bit like a solution in search of question. When the better question at that point is perhaps, why?
Given that arguably the two most defining and perhaps critical elements in a recording chain are the front end, and the back end ...(the mic/s and the monitoring system). The biggest problem with USB mics as opposed to say a good interface (as has been pointed out ) is you are limited to that specific mic (unless you sell it) does nothing for monitoring, and there is no escaping the general mfg. concept that the more components in a single unit, dictates one of two options, either the more expensive it has to be at any given performance level ,,, Or the cheaper the components have to be.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD