The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-13-2020, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM615 View Post
Otherwise, you'll look up next week and you'll have an Olson, a Ryan, a Wingert and 2 Hendersons and you'll be living in an Airstream south of town!
No offense intended, but wasn’t it your intent to discourage him from showing up with a pocket full of extra coin?
David
Old 02-13-2020, 02:18 PM
Charter Member

Actually, that does kinda' sound like fun!
Old 02-18-2020, 10:08 AM

I drove to Weaverville and picked up my guitar yesterday (2/17/2020). Loved the drive up and I got to meet Paul and see his many beautiful guitars. I was able to play quite a few of them and I was able to fulfill that bucket list dream. My Martin D-21 JCB was just as advertised. Looks and sounds brand new.

I highly recommend a trip up there to anyone who just wants to see and play a roomful of "dream guitars." I also ate lunch at Well Bred in Weaverville. I'd love to post some pictures, but I don't have a host website.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:54 PM

I'm glad the guitar found a home. I have only played two of that particular model, but enjoyed them both. And there is plenty of drool-worthy guitars in stock there for sure. Whenever we eat lunch at Well Bred I usually get the classic chicken salad sandwich, and it has yet to disappoint.
Old 02-18-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Shadd View Post
I'm glad the guitar found a home. I have only played two of that particular model, but enjoyed them both. And there is plenty of drool-worthy guitars in stock there for sure. Whenever we eat lunch at Well Bred I usually get the classic chicken salad sandwich, and it has yet to disappoint.
I had the classic chicken salad sandwich as well at Well Bred. Very quaint little town. I would have loved to have had extra time to walk in the speciality shops there.

Yes, all Paul's guitars are drool-worthy. It would be hard to go back to playing just an ordinary guitar after a visit there and sampling some of Paul's guitars from all the excellent builders he represents.

I was very impressed with the Martin. I'd never guess it was 20 years old. It's been well taken care of and it sounds incredible. I will enjoy it for years to come. Your video was very helpful in making my decision to purchase it.

I hope to be able to visit Dream Guitars and the town again at some point. It was a fun road trip.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion