The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 02-11-2020, 12:19 AM

Default Bob Dylan Cover "Seven Days"

I first heard this song on a Ron Wood record so I got a little of his feel in there, some Bob feel, and of course, a healthy dose of my own style. Turn it up, it's a rock and roller

Old 02-11-2020, 07:15 AM

I liked it a lot. You done good!
I could here the Bob’s son Jakob covering this one with his singing style too.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 02-11-2020, 12:26 PM
Charter Member

Very nice Daniel! Well done!

- Glenn
Old 02-11-2020, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Very nice Daniel! Well done!

- Glenn
Thanks Glenn, I think you should cover one of the classic Dylan songs, have you posted any recently?
Old 02-11-2020, 01:02 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Thanks Glenn, I think you should cover one of the classic Dylan songs, have you posted any recently?
Hi Daniel,

I haven't done a Dylan song in a while, though I have in the past.

Recently I've done Your Song from Elton John, Janey, Don't You Lose Heart and I'm On Fire, both from Bruce Springsteen.

As far as Dylan songs, I have done some Byrds' covers, Mr Tambourine Man and My Back Pages and way back in time I did Don't Think Twice. I may have done some other Dylan songs that I have forgotten.

I hope all is well for you Daniel. I am doing fine.

- Glenn
Old 02-11-2020, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Hi Daniel,

I haven't done a Dylan song in a while, though I have in the past.

Recently I've done Your Song from Elton John, Janey, Don't You Lose Heart and I'm On Fire, both from Bruce Springsteen.

As far as Dylan songs, I have done some Byrds' covers, Mr Tambourine Man and My Back Pages and way back in time I did Don't Think Twice. I may have done some other Dylan songs that I have forgotten.

I hope all is well for you Daniel. I am doing fine.

- Glenn
I just listened to all the tracks that you posted, and although they are all done to a high standard, I have to say my favorite is Don't Think Twice. I like it because it's just you and your guitar, and right in your face. And your guitar sounds great especially the bass notes which you're very precise with! That's the way I like! Great job. I'm doing well Glenn. Back in Dec I got that nasty cold that was going around while performing 30 gigs in both Dec and Jan. I am not exaggerating, that cold held on for about a month!!! Thank god for Mucinex and Alka Seltzer Cold I'm starting to feel my old self, which is good, because I also have 28 gigs in Feb, and 30 more in March. It seems I've been spending more time on stage than I do at home. But that's what I signed up with when I went pro (which I've been doing for the last 20 years).

Last edited by rockabilly69; 02-11-2020 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-11-2020, 03:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
I just listened to all the tracks that you posted, and although they are all done to a high standard, I have to say my favorite is Don't Think Twice. I like it because it's just you and your guitar, and right in your face. And your guitar sounds great especially the bass notes which you're very precise with! That's the way I like! Great job. I'm doing well Glenn. Back in Dec I got that nasty cold that was going around while performing 30 gigs in both Dec and Jan. I am not exaggerating, that cold held on for about a month!!! Thank god for Mucinex and Alka Seltzer Cold I'm starting to feel my old self, which is good, because I also have 28 gigs in Feb, and 30 more in March. It seems I've been spending more time on stage than I do at home. But that's what I signed up with when I went pro (which I've been doing for the last 20 years).
Hi Daniel,

Well, I am glad you liked "Don't Think Twice." I've liked that song since before I learned to play the guitar, which is all the way back to before 1964.

I'm sorry to hear about that awful cold. I know a fair number of people who must have gotten a very similar virus because everyone is telling me that shaking that cold has been a real battle. And that's really tough when you are performing with a cold. For me, it destroys my ability to sing at all. You must be a whole lot more durable than I am!

Good for you that you have a lot of gigs to play, especially when you are relying on that to make a living. I wish you all the best Daniel!

- Glenn
Old 02-11-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Hi Daniel,

Well, I am glad you liked "Don't Think Twice." I've liked that song since before I learned to play the guitar, which is all the way back to before 1964.

I'm sorry to hear about that awful cold. I know a fair number of people who must have gotten a very similar virus because everyone is telling me that shaking that cold has been a real battle. And that's really tough when you are performing with a cold. For me, it destroys my ability to sing at all. You must be a whole lot more durable than I am!

Good for you that you have a lot of gigs to play, especially when you are relying on that to make a living. I wish you all the best Daniel!

- Glenn
And the best to you too Glenn!
Old 02-12-2020, 05:34 AM

Dig it !...

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkomGsMJXH9qn-xLKCv4WOg
Old 02-12-2020, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
Dig it !...
Glad you liked it!!!
Old 02-12-2020, 07:46 AM

Great job. Loved the feel.

bowerman custom OM 28 style
breedlove oregon OM SMYe
breedlove 000-M deluxe revival
breedlove mc revival OM/AR deluxe (2)
yamaha ls 11 spruce hog mit
yamaha fg 152 spruce hog mij
yamaha fg 110 spruce agathis (tan) mit
yamaha fg 150 spruce (red) (sold)
yamaha fg 75 spruce (red) (sold)
Old 02-12-2020, 08:33 AM
Charter Member

Just a first class effort in all respects, Daniel. I thought I was a Dylan fan but this one I must have forgotten about, so thanks for posting it!
Old 02-12-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by started with 1 View Post
Great job. Loved the feel.
The feel of the song, as performed by Ron Wood on his record Gimmie Some Neck was what attracted me to it!!! Thanks for listening and your comment!
Old 02-12-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeve21 View Post
Just a first class effort in all respects, Daniel. I thought I was a Dylan fan but this one I must have forgotten about, so thanks for posting it!
Hey Bob I'm glad you like it and I'm glad to see you going after some cool fingerpicking songs like Shake That Thing! The rock and roll that I play has one strong foot in fingerpicked delta blues! I play alot of that around the house.

Here's a live solo take of one of my originals fingerpickers on a National reso...

Old 02-13-2020, 12:21 AM

That sounds really good. I might suggest turning the vocals up a little.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell