The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-15-2010, 05:12 AM

Default The hoodie man is back with an original track

Hi guys

Recently I recorded a song and I would like to share it with You
Have a great weekend

Cancer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e84Pdm8Phw0
Old 05-15-2010, 05:27 AM

Nice song. It's almost like 2 separate songs though. I think maybe when you do the "tempo switch" shorten that segment and then end the song by returning to the original tempo, you could even repeat the first verse, but to my ear it would be more symmetrical if it came back to the original tempo. Hope that makes sense.

Ranger's Soundclick page

Roy's Reverbnation page
Old 05-15-2010, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger1964 View Post
Nice song. It's almost like 2 separate songs though. I think maybe when you do the "tempo switch" shorten that segment and then end the song by returning to the original tempo, you could even repeat the first verse, but to my ear it would be more symmetrical if it came back to the original tempo. Hope that makes sense.
sure it makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the suggestion. I will certainly try it out.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:10 AM

HOODIE MAN! I like the song a lot. I also liked the Bergman-esque feel of video.
M
Old 05-15-2010, 12:05 PM

Very cool song - love it. Really nice progressions and a great, haunting melody, love how you sing.

I think the change is great - unexpected and a good contrast - something a little different than verse/chorus type of songs, always nice.

"Yeah!" - Blind Boy Fuller
Old 05-16-2010, 06:06 AM

Well played and sung! Good melody, interesting lyrics and story line...two perspectives? Father and son? Or is it one perspective, that of the cancer victim?

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 05-16-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1131 View Post
Well played and sung! Good melody, interesting lyrics and story line...two perspectives? Father and son? Or is it one perspective, that of the cancer victim?
First I would like to thank You all for the comments. I'm really glad that You like my song.

There are two perspectives of one subject matter that's all I can say I will leave the rest to Your imagination.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell