The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-15-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitaniac View Post
30 acts in 2.5 hours? Where the heck are you running sound, the Bluebird?

Up here in Ohio, I've occasionally had my hands full with 20 acts in 4.5 hours. 30 acts in 2.5 hrs. has to be quite a challenge, even with minimized setup times and one song sets. Is any kind of outboard preamp permitted, or do you use a "house" preamp or active DI to deal with the passive pickups?
Since you were kind enough to ask, it's this place: http://kulakswoodshed.com

Yes, it moves fast. And the place live-streams to Facebook Live with six HD cameras, so you constantly have camera angles and lighting and stage clutter to consider along with the audio, as well as the audio feed to the live-stream mixer, who is completely separate and isolated from FOH.

As for the house DI's, they're good passive ones. A passive K&K or Fishman pickup sounds acceptable with them but I've run across passives that don't, so I put up a mic.

Couch Standards

Last edited by Brent Hahn; 02-15-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:51 PM

Thanks for the info, Brent. Sounds like a very cool setup.

I expect that Doug's passive Barbera Soloist pickups would work well with the passive DIs. They have a strong output and the recommended input impedance is 1 Mohm.

Last edited by guitaniac; 02-15-2020 at 02:35 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification