The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-05-2020, 10:34 AM

I take the same approach I guess as my Dad who played in a country band since the 60s. He always excercised careful considerate handling and mild cleaning of his gear. His 1967 ES330 case and guitar (And twin reverb amp) are excellent to near mint. Though my playing out amounts to hundreds to perhaps thousands of practices and church serviceS, retreats and camp outings, I’ve always been aware of placing and bumping items. I do the same for my guitars and it has served me well. Even when I was hobby dirt biking In my youth, I’d spend the time to clean and take care of what I worked so hard to have, to the best of my effort. While others shook their heads, ultimately- guess who had the best looking stuff? Back to my longest owned case/instrument... almost 20 years and still looking near mint. People will say do you even play this? “Yes, I just take care of my gear”. Now I have a working musician brother in MPLS with more gigs and sessions than I could imagine, who does the same thoughtful care but his 1993 612ce Taylor case from has the mojo wear. His reply would be and has, been, “it’s a case... is what it is to protect what’s inside”. He’s replaced a handle and latch or two but it’s pretty clean despite Some tolex dings. Of course I think of how many guitars through GAS I’ve moved along... those cases are mint because they aren’t around long enough haha! Mine mostly get a dust off and damp cloth wipe off. Wow vacation responses get long sorry!
Old 02-05-2020, 10:44 AM

Guilty your honor...

I even will take the vacuum cleaner to the interior if it's needed.

Going over the exterior with A damp sponge w/Armor-all is something I've stooped too as well.

I know, I have no bottom..
Old 02-05-2020, 10:54 AM
Guest 33123

I have done the mild soapy water and rinse thing to the ouitside of the cases at times too.
Old 02-05-2020, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

And I thought I was smart coming up with the sharpie thing on my own. Turns out everyone else does it too!
Old 02-05-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Uuuuuugly!
Hey, I resent that... all that duct tape and the Chicago Cubs sticker covering the stain add character to my case!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion