The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-14-2002, 06:16 PM
jim022

Thumbs up Amy Wadge

Just thought i'd give mention to Amy Wadge, a solo singer/guitarist that I was fortunate enough to have the pleasure of hearing live when at an Eric Bibb concert. She was the opening act and I had'nt heard of her before, but she was excellent overall and I enjoyed her set. She played solo, singing rasping folky sounding music written by herself while playing, amoung other guitars, a Taylor. I really enjoyed her honest approach to music, unpolished in a good way and intimate, very direct. She also exubed a great personality from what I saw of her, modest and nervous but not so it got in the way of her music. Also she seems a great songwriter, very original and many liken her to a 'different kind' of Jody Mitchell. Different yeah, but I see what they mean. Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.amywadge.com/html/frameset.htm

Here you can download an MP3 of some of her songs, inc Love is Therapy which I really liked. It's worth waiting for the full versions. I dont have any contact or affiliation with her but as a genuine musician and performer I think she deserves some free publicity!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification