The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-24-2001, 03:55 AM

Post 2001 710ce

Well I had to stop by Guitar Center today, since I was at a local church that was no more than 2-3 minutes away. Hehe, I'm a sucker for a guitar store. Anyways, when I walked in, they had a plethra of new 2001s, Ones that I can remember are a 810, 712c (not sure of it was a ce), 710ce, 614ce, and a bunch of babies. Anyways, I'll be talking about the 710ce because it simply amazed me!!!

This 710ce is like most of the other 700s of the 2001 line, with the Engelmann spruce top, indian rose wood sides and back, wood binding, koa rosette, and gold grovers. Man this guitar was sweet! I really like the koa rosette and wood binding, it gave it a nice class, subtle, but nice. The wood binding along the neck was awesome!! I really liked this the most of the guitar. Just wish it had the nice crisp white lines on the headstock ala the 800s (hah, I like that white binding, rofl). Anyways, this guitar sounded great too!! I was really surprised, since I thought, ahhh, it's indian rosewood, it probably won't sound as good as my 810bce, but I was wrong! It sounded just as sweet, I would be fooled that it was my 810bce! I think the engelmann spruce top really helped to give it the sound of my 810bce. The only gripe I had about it was the new neck size =(. It was the 1 11/16ths one or something, and I really did feel the difference of the neck compared to my 810bce. I really love the thin feeling of the old dreadnaughts, and I know it'll be harder to find stores that will preorder them that way...but ahh well...guess we'll just have to live with that.

I don't see myself purchasing it in the future, but I really like it =P Sounded a lot like my 810bce as I said earlier, so it's a good guitar, hehe.
Randall

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification