Old 10-16-2020, 10:14 PM

The Man in the High Castle.

Awesome.
Epiphone Dot
Old 10-17-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Natalie Portman..."Annihilation"....superb Sci-Fi
I've never heard of that movie - what's it streaming on?
Old 10-17-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
2018 movie. https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2798920/

Google says it's on Amazon Prime and Netflix. Start there and maybe check others if needed.
Old 10-17-2020, 09:28 AM

Default WHAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Netflix is showing outside the U.S. It can be found on DVD.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619TF View Post
2018 movie. https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2798920/

Google says it's on Amazon Prime and Netflix. Start there and maybe check others if needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Netflix is showing outside the U.S. It can be found on DVD.
Thanks Guys. I just checked. Annihilation isn't on Netflix Canada. It's on Amazon Prime but it's $4.99 in addition to the subscription.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:40 AM

Bosch is on Prime. It is excellent!

Then there's Designated Survivor, which I enjoyed. Kiefer Sutherland. It's either on Netflix or Prime, I forget.

House of Cards was pretty good (Netflix). Somewhat timely with all the political goings-on.... Robin Wright is something else. Kevin Spacey's pretty good.

Bosch is the best!

2018 Guild F-512 Sunburst -- 2007 Guild F412 Ice Tea burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 Whiskeyburst -- 2011 Guild F-50R Sunburst
2011 Guild GAD D125-12 NT -- 
1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
2012 Epiphone Dot CH
 -- 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7

Cougar's Soundcloud page
Old 10-17-2020, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCougar View Post
Bosch is on Prime. It is excellent!

Then there's Designated Survivor, which I enjoyed. Kiefer Sutherland. It's either on Netflix or Prime, I forget.

House of Cards was pretty good (Netflix). Somewhat timely with all the political goings-on.... Robin Wright is something else. Kevin Spacey's pretty good.

Bosch is the best!
Not got round to Bosch, but Designated Survivor was one of my favourite programmes over the past few years and got cancelled as it was getting very interesting. At least Kiefer Sutherland has his music career to fall back on until his next show.

I've been hitting a lot of non-English shows on Netflix of late - one-off mini-series 'Le Bazar de la Charité' was very good, as was 'La catedral del mar' and Turkish mystery thriller 'The Gift', which has been renewed for its third final series, really drew me in. Best of the lot though is 'Ragnarok', which has also been confirmed for a second series. It's very Steven Gaiman-ish, but grounded in reality, with a very good lead.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombox View Post
Not got round to Bosch, but Designated Survivor was one of my favourite programmes over the past few years and got cancelled as it was getting very interesting. At least Kiefer Sutherland has his music career to fall back on until his next show.

I've been hitting a lot of non-English shows on Netflix of late - one-off mini-series 'Le Bazar de la Charité' was very good, as was 'La catedral del mar' and Turkish mystery thriller 'The Gift', which has been renewed for its third final series, really drew me in. Best of the lot though is 'Ragnarok', which has also been confirmed for a second series. It's very Steven Gaiman-ish, but grounded in reality, with a very good lead.
+1. I watched the entire Designated Survivor series. Maggie Q was one of my favorite characters (no plot spoilers). Sometimes I thought the show got a little too 'preachy', if that makes sense, but a great cast of characters.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:22 PM
Charter Member

I do Prime and it's okay. There are allot of not so good movies out there. We started Bosch last week and we will probably finish it next week. I really liked the series Animal Kingdom. And no it isn't about animals. Boardwalk and Deadwood were good.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 10-17-2020, 09:49 PM
Charter Member

We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO (our free Showtime just ended). I was about to cut the cord with my TV provider, but they matched the YouTube TV price to stick around (year contract, but waived any early termination, since we would keep their internet).

I just re-watched "The Americans" on Prime. That's one of my top 5 shows of all time, and it was fantastic to watch it again.

I'm also re-watching "The Crown" with my wife, who only saw the first couple of episodes, but now she's hooked. And the new season of "Fargo" just started, so that's enough TV to keep me busy.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:46 AM

We have Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime.
Cable provider added Peacock recently.
Sometimes it takes all four to find something decent to watch.
Currently trying Mr. Mercedes on Peacock, 2 episodes in.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:52 PM

The Kominsky Method is the funniest series I've seen in years. Very clever and the main characters are all older folks (Michael Douglas, Alan Arkin) so its targeted to Boomers, unlike most stuff.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pura Vida View Post
We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO (our free Showtime just ended). I was about to cut the cord with my TV provider, but they matched the YouTube TV price to stick around (year contract, but waived any early termination, since we would keep their internet).

I just re-watched "The Americans" on Prime. That's one of my top 5 shows of all time, and it was fantastic to watch it again.

I'm also re-watching "The Crown" with my wife, who only saw the first couple of episodes, but now she's hooked. And the new season of "Fargo" just started, so that's enough TV to keep me busy.
I'm on Season 4 and haven't seen The Americans in a few years. Fantastic show. I just checked, it's not on Amazon Prime in Canada. I'll get back to it though.
Old 10-20-2020, 06:48 AM

I got my wife addicted to Lucifer; she's binge-watched it twice, I've been through the whole series three times. I like it because it's "cheeky."

Speaking of which, my wife and I are also going through "Sherlock" with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman. Again, I love the humor and the contemporary take on the characters - though we just got to an episode that was set in Victorian London, which was actually kind of refreshing in a way.

We're also starting "The Crown" but I'm finding it to be a little too serious for my takes. Given the state of politics I'd rather a bit of escapism that an interpretation of history - though I find John Lithgow as an elderly and eccentric Winston Churchill to be somewhat amusing.

I'm also watching "The Umbrella Academy." I believe I'm up to the end of season 1 but I can't tell. Netflix has this way of just sucking you into a series without letting you come up for air if you're not careful.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic