The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 10-06-2020, 08:49 PM

The New Epi versions does not give out that much. Nothing that a different p90 would not solve. Grossly overpriced is the Gibson. This, from a fan of Gibson. Guitar prices in general for US made models has gotten completely out of hand, IMO
Old 10-12-2020, 06:31 AM
AGF Sponsor

<sigh>.....Custom Shop Hysterics.

HE
Old 10-16-2020, 06:56 AM

This make me reconsider keeping a Peavey Firenza with P90's. I don't play it much but unlike the the Gibson you can't get anywhere near what they are worth just because of the name on the head stock.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmr View Post
The New Epi versions does not give out that much. Nothing that a different p90 would not solve. Grossly overpriced is the Gibson. This, from a fan of Gibson. Guitar prices in general for US made models has gotten completely out of hand, IMO
For sure. I will be installing new Wolfetone P90s in mine this weekend. Guitar + new pups = $550
Old 11-06-2020, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ds114 View Post
For sure. I will be installing new Wolfetone P90s in mine this weekend. Guitar + new pups = $550
Although I do get the whole Custom Shop concept, I tend to be like you guys.

I bought my 2015 Epi ES-335 Dot specifically to upgrade (BCS Vintage wiring kit + 2 SD Antiquities). The hardware was/is fine.

About $750 total invested (w/HSC). It would take a very special ES-335 guitar (at a very special price) to get me to upgrade, and even then it might be more for my ego than actual tone and playability.
Old 11-11-2020, 03:54 PM

I picked up a Peavey Firenza with P 90's about 6 months ago. Don't play it a lot but is a nice addition. Sort of a hidden gem. Whoops, forgot I posted about this already, oh well!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars