The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-16-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfir View Post
I would go for the lakewood if you mainly play unplugged
I agree with this.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 11-17-2014, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishrogue View Post
Given the fact that I have not played either, you can take my opinion with a grain of salt, if you wish. I have, however, heard a lot of people rave about their Cole Clark guitars, which (I think) are widely available in Australia. I like the look of the Cole Clark guitars too, and that is the one I would pick. Lakewood guitars are probably more available in Europe, and you could probably find another a lot easier than the Cole Clark guitars. JMHO. And, welcome to the AGF!

Glen
Yes, in fact to be honest, it's the first time I saw one (Cole Clark). Thanks for the reply and the welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfir View Post
I would go for the lakewood if you mainly play unplugged
I guess you're right. I'll have to evaluate what I'll use the guitar for. Thanks for the reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbles View Post
I'm with Dru on that.
Sorry, I can't offer an informed opinion, and welcome to a very friendly place.
Thank you. Indeed, it's a very friendly place and users!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade63 View Post
I can speak to the CC fl2, excellent sound, even unplugged, but plugged in hands down. I believe the cole clark with the carved top will sound even better over time. Good thing is your going to get a fine guitar either way
Yes I like both, I'd say the lakewood sound a bit more "clear" than the cole clark. But as you said, both are amazing guitars, I think I'm going to try to make a blind audition: my friend plays both while I look away and then really decide which one sounds better to me.

Thanks for your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiberty View Post
I agree with this.
Thanks for the opinion!
Old 02-24-2015, 08:24 AM

Get the Lakewood. I've played upwards of 200 high end guitars ranging from Taylor 814 to Gibson j200 and many in between and all the Lakewoods from m32 to the D1 was the all around best. IMO
Old 02-24-2015, 08:36 AM

Id say , beware of any dealer who says any guitar is as good as any guitar costing 100 dollars more . Ive played a Cole clark ( decent ) but Lakewood guitars are not common in my neck of the woods ( but do have alot of followers ) the Martins their probably judging those against are typically mid to low end range guitars in this neck of the woods . in Europe they are way more costlier , can't imagine what a D-18 would be their , thou their under 2 grand here ( US currency )

good luck- yes take your current guitar with you - and maybe a guitar playing friend with you as well . and get a decent case !
Old 02-24-2015, 09:05 AM

Jose,

This bit of advice has been given many times on AGF - buy the guitar that speaks to you, that stirs your soul, that you just don't want to put down or stop playing. It sounds like the guitars are very similar. You should not base your decision on the ability to plug in because you can always install after market equipment. What you should do is go with the guitar that you, personally, are most drawn to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2015, 10:44 AM
Charter Member

I'm not sure if the "find the one that stirs your soul" advice is that helpful for a new guitarist. It took me years to get to a ace where I had a handle on what moved me.

I thin the advice of unplugged = Lakewood, plugged = Cole Clark is best.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
choice, cole clark, lakewood, opinion