The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 04-19-2021, 04:44 PM

Default mySongBook, Guitar pro

I bought Guitar Pro years ago and haven't kept it updated as I didn't use it much...

Listening to a guitar podcast recently the presenter gave tips including using guitar pro to play along to songs and mute just the guitar so one is effectively the guitarist in the band with the rest of the instruments still playing.

This intrigued me as I didn't remember that feature from Guitar Pro. So I went to their web site and found the mysongbook feature mentioned, it sounds like what the podcast was referring to and I think I'm keen enough on it to buy the upgrade.

Interested in other peoples experiences with it
Old 04-19-2021, 05:28 PM
Charter Member

For the last couple of years I’ve been doing guitar duos with another student for my instructors annual recital. With COVID restrictions, getting enough practice time was tough. So I put both parts into Guitar Pro and was able to play along with either part at various tempos. Also done that with trios and ensemble pieces.
2018 Guild M-20
2015 Martin CEO-7
2012 Martin OM-21
2011 Voyage-Air VAOM-04
2011 Taylor GA8
1930's Supertone Parlor
Old 04-27-2021, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
I bought Guitar Pro years ago and haven't kept it updated as I didn't use it much...

Listening to a guitar podcast recently the presenter gave tips including using guitar pro to play along to songs and mute just the guitar so one is effectively the guitarist in the band with the rest of the instruments still playing.

This intrigued me as I didn't remember that feature from Guitar Pro. So I went to their web site and found the mysongbook feature mentioned, it sounds like what the podcast was referring to and I think I'm keen enough on it to buy the upgrade.

Interested in other peoples experiences with it
You can load gtpro tab with multiple parts and mute, change volume, manipulate the tone ect. Its been this way for as long as I can remember.

The mysongbook service is just a library of gtrpo files that you can play but not print or download. Its a pretty junk service with a trashy low brow billing service that frequently bills you without telling you what for and after you have canceled. Do NOT give them your CC.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write