The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-27-2020, 07:16 PM

Default Lava Me love? Looking at buying 1st CF guitar

The guitar I most often play is a 3/4 size Yamaha APX2T I bought for travel. Sounds pretty good considering under $200, and so easy to play. 23” scale. 1 1/2” width at the nut, 2” at the bridge. 2 3/4” deep.

So I’m thinking a better sounding small CF guitar might just be what I want for birthday coming up in February. My performance guitar is a Santa Cruz 00 Skye, but I don’t like dragging this very costly instrument around to swap meets, and children concerts. Travel is out of the question.

So any of you playing the Lava Me 2? Also what other small CF guitars are in the same price range—-say $800? The Yamaha neck is a bit narrow for me, though I have small hands. Like the short scale. And with my shoulder complaints, love the thin body. Thoughts/recommendations? Thanks.
Old 01-27-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfsark View Post
My performance guitar is a Santa Cruz 00 Skye,
I have seen Eric play that guitar many times at NAMM, last time was like just 2 weekends ago ... Nice!!

As seen here with Scott Law and that guy in the back snuck in the photo..Rick Turner ( Renaissance Guitars, and the ones for Lindsey Buckingham , and was in on Phil Spector's wall of sound...wayyyy back in the day).

McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 01-27-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-27-2020, 09:06 PM

Check the specs, specifically the nut width. If that works for you, go for it. Sound was OK. Built in effects are cool.
000-Nylon, All Mahogany custom, 000-15SM, D16-GT (resto mod in progress), D15-M, Stinger SSL electric....
And a Kobza, Bouzouki, Hurdy Gurdy and something medieval looking.....
www.woodenshoe.blog
Old 01-28-2020, 09:30 AM

Well I don’t want to hijack my own post, but I also met with Eric Skye at NAMM last year. I think his signature guitar from Santa Cruz is a situation where the instrument is more famous than the musician after whom the guitar was christened.

But I digress, Any LAVA ME lovers out there?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber