The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-26-2020, 01:16 AM

Hi guys -- I have one of each. The Sable is the more refined guitar in fit and finish, silky smooth and sorta James Bond elegant. I like the feel of it a lot and it plays great.

The tone is kinda thin, for me. The X30 has so much beef and (with fresh strings) balance that there's no comparison.

I was on a kick to sell the Sable.... but then I ended up keeping it. It's in a class all its own.

All told, I'd usually urge people toward the Emerald.
Old 01-26-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byudzai View Post
Hi guys -- I have one of each. The Sable is the more refined guitar in fit and finish, silky smooth and sorta James Bond elegant. I like the feel of it a lot and it plays great.

The tone is kinda thin, for me. The X30 has so much beef and (with fresh strings) balance that there's no comparison.

I was on a kick to sell the Sable.... but then I ended up keeping it. It's in a class all its own.

All told, I'd usually urge people toward the Emerald.
thanks byudzai! definitely want the beefier tone so X30 it is for me. thanks for the comparison comments.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber