The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-19-2021, 06:57 AM

Default carbon fiber on reverb

there is an amicus on reverb for sale. i got the link off here a while back. this thing is still for sale but i have a question. it's been there for while now with some people watching and a couple people made offers. i am watching to see how this works as i know nothing about reverb. so my question is. is there a time limit they can remain for sale ? not interested in buying it, but it's real hard to figure out how that works with no updates. maybe this should be posted elsewhere, but it is Cf so i posted it here.
Old 09-19-2021, 07:41 AM

https://help.reverb.com/hc/en-us/art...At-Some-Point-

Quote:
Currently, all listings are on Reverb are perpetual. Think of it more as a shop, where the products are available as long as they're not sold.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:52 AM

Kitesurfer - I wanted to PM you, but your account does not allow PMs it appears.

Cheers,
Dave
1916 Gibson A-1 Mandolin
2023 Joe Foley bouzouki
Seamus O'Kane bodhran

Last edited by Kerbie; 09-20-2021 at 06:06 AM. Reason: Wrong subforum.
Old 09-20-2021, 06:03 AM

thanks all. I've shied away from reverb except for the lurking because of the scams and adds overwhelming me on sites that i visit. this was helpful to understand how they operate.
Old 09-20-2021, 08:36 AM
Charter Member

Reverb is run by the Chicago Music Exchange, I think they have a very good reputation.
I had one experience on Reverb with a seller who was very aggressive , Reverb jumped in and calmed the waters, my only real experience with them but I came away with a positive feeling for the site.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:00 AM
Charter Member

I agree with Steve, never an issue with Reverb, I think it's ran well.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:52 AM
Charter Member

My reverb purchase transactions (3-4) have all worked smoothly. I think the feedback system works.
Old 09-20-2021, 11:57 AM
Guest 928

I've had three transactions with Reverb and been happy with each one.
Old 09-20-2021, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

The few transactions I have had on reverb worked just fine. As for the Amicus, I briefly tried David Eastman's model. My impression is that it is sort of like a Guitele is to a ukulele, but the Amicus as guitar to a mandolin. It seems a guitar type crossover between guitar and mandolin. I could see a mandolin player having a great time with the Amicus.

I could be way off base, so anyone who has real experience with the Amicus, please feel to jump in and set the record straight. My impression was based on just picking it up and playing a few notes and putting it down because I was much more interested in his X20 at that get together.

Tony
Old 09-20-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimey View Post
Reverb is run by the Chicago Music Exchange, I think they have a very good reputation.
I had one experience on Reverb with a seller who was very aggressive , Reverb jumped in and calmed the waters, my only real experience with them but I came away with a positive feeling for the site.
Actually, that is not the case anymore. They were sold to Etsy a couple of years ago. I know they have implemented a couple of increases to their "take", but do not know if the service itself has improved or deteriorated.
Old 09-20-2021, 05:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
The few transactions I have had on reverb worked just fine. As for the Amicus, I briefly tried David Eastman's model. My impression is that it is sort of like a Guitele is to a ukulele, but the Amicus as guitar to a mandolin. It seems a guitar type crossover between guitar and mandolin. I could see a mandolin player having a great time with the Amicus.

I could be way off base, so anyone who has real experience with the Amicus, please feel to jump in and set the record straight. My impression was based on just picking it up and playing a few notes and putting it down because I was much more interested in his X20 at that get together.

Tony
EastWOOD, Tony, Eastwood

I’m having great fun working on Eric Skye’s fiddle tune lessons on my Amicus, and it also functions as a brilliant travel instrument.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 09-20-2021, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
EastWOOD, Tony, Eastwood

I’m having great fun working on Eric Skye’s fiddle tune lessons on my Amicus, and it also functions as a brilliant travel instrument.
Sorry about that. I have been having trouble with my hands typing one thing while my brain is thinking something else. You wouldn't believe how many corrections I had to make to even this short post. It is getting VERY frustrating.

I could easily see the Amicus being the perfect instrument for fiddle tunes.

Tony
Old 09-20-2021, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimey View Post
Etsy bought Reverb from CME and promptly increased their fees a while ago.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:45 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbeltrans View Post
Sorry about that. I have been having trouble with my hands typing one thing while my brain is thinking something else. You wouldn't believe how many corrections I had to make to even this short post. It is getting VERY frustrating.
No worries, Tony. I’ve been called ‘Eastman’ so many times over the years, I considered changing my name
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 09-21-2021, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eastwood View Post
No worries, Tony. I’ve been called ‘Eastman’ so many times over the years, I considered changing my name
The odd thing in my case is that I have this trouble with typing, but not with playing guitar or piano. If I did have a choice in the matter, I would have this way since I can make corrections typing if I catch them in time.

Eastman is a fine name. Eastman School of Music, is an appropriate example. However, since your name is Eastwood and it is also a fine name, I will try to proof my posts better in the future, especially when they include your name.

Tony

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber