The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2021, 02:39 PM
Charter Member

Default Vintage Washburn D-60- Sold

This Yamaki Washburn was built in 1985 in Japan and competed successfully with the Martin D-28. These guitars are well loved for their excellent construction and their tone, which is remarkably good.

The guitar is built completely out of solid woods. It features a Canadian Sitka spruce top and Ovankol back and sides, which is an african tonewood in the rosewood family. This particular set has a very nice figure, that looks far better than in the pictures. The binding is all maple and even the pickguard is made of rosewood.

The guitar is in great shape, especially considering it's 35 year old age! It has a few bumps and bruises, but there are no cracks or dents or repairs in it's history that I could discover. The frets are in great shape and the playability is great up and down the neck, with the action at 2.25mm and 1.75mm at the 12th fret. The neck is straight and there is plenty of saddle remaining for future adjustment. I have had three of these old washburns now, and this one is in by far the best condition, and sounds the best too!

The guitar is currently in Switzerland, though I can also ship internationally. I live close to the border to Germany, so depending on the corona situation I can also offer to ship from Germany to save trouble shipping into the EU. Actual shipping costs can be negotiated based on the buyers location.

price: 500 Euro net to me.

More photos are available on my reverb listing: https://reverb.com/item/38467060-was...d-yamaki-japan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Washburn_D60_01.jpg (23.3 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg Washburn_D60_03.jpg (26.1 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg Washburn_D60_17.jpg (38.3 KB, 93 views)

Last edited by brianlcox; 01-27-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-26-2021, 03:26 PM

Lovely! I have a Daion, which were built by Yamaki, and the hand-crafted quality and tone are astounding value for the money today.
Old 01-27-2021, 11:41 AM
Charter Member

Thanks MChild.

This one has sold locally.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF For Sale - Rest of World (outside US)