The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Do you see the Avalanche turning it around this year?
It seems they've been kicking butt lately! BTW, where's McKinnon?

2018 Guild F-512 Sunburst -- 2007 Guild F412 Ice Tea burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 Whiskeyburst -- 2011 Guild F-50R Sunburst
2011 Guild GAD D125-12 NT -- 
1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string
2012 Epiphone Dot CH
 -- 2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7

Cougar's Soundcloud page
Old 11-21-2021, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

I've watched the Flames 4 times this year. They're very good. Strong, disciplined, keep coming forward, and Markstrom is a horse.
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 11-21-2021, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCCougar View Post
It seems they've been kicking butt lately! BTW, where's McKinnon?
MacKinnon is out for a few weeks with lower body injury. Probably another two weeks now. The Avs need him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
I've watched the Flames 4 times this year. They're very good. Strong, disciplined, keep coming forward, and Markstrom is a horse.
Calgary and Edmonton have both had great starts to the season.

How about McDavid's 17 game point streak? He had a couple of games last week where he scored amazing goals.
Old 11-21-2021, 02:59 PM

BTW, I've been meaning to post this...I'm almost finished reading Stu Grimson's biography, "Reluctant Warrior." It's a good read for hockey fans!
Old 11-21-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
I definitely hope to get to a few. It's 5 miles from where I grew up. It also is where the Belmont Racetrack is located.
@lkristians 9 miles from where I grew up! If anyone was able to see inside the Arena last night (and at the Chicago concert the night before that), you're welcome LOL. I've had people working on the lighting/lighting controls in that arena for what feels like forever (that little shutdown in 2020 might have had an impact?).
2021 Furch Yellow Gc-CR MC FOR SALE
2023 Hatcher Greta

Last edited by rule18; 11-21-2021 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2021, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rule18 View Post
@lkristians 9 miles from where I grew up! If anyone was able to see inside the Arena last night (and at the Chicago concert the night before that), you're welcome LOL. I've had people working on the lighting/lighting controls in that arena for what feels like forever (that little shutdown in 2020 might have had an impact?).
Did you work on the arena construction?
Old 11-21-2021, 04:33 PM
Charter Member

They did a beautiful job on the arena. A little retro and blends in perfectly with Belmont.
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 11-21-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Did you work on the arena construction?
Not the construction per se, but the lighting control systems for the entire place, and many of the lighting fixtures. Part of the construction itself was a poop show, with a few of the trades missing deadlines for equipment installation, sometimes never installing it thereby creating cost overruns. After the game ended and everyone went home, the trades were essentially right back to work finishing the building.
2021 Furch Yellow Gc-CR MC FOR SALE
2023 Hatcher Greta
Old 11-23-2021, 06:25 PM
Charter Member

The Grim Reaper. Interesting if you've ever heard him talk to find how thoughtful and well-spoken he is, as I guess is the case with most NHLers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkristians View Post
BTW, I've been meaning to post this...I'm almost finished reading Stu Grimson's biography, "Reluctant Warrior." It's a good read for hockey fans!
Flammang SEL
SCGC 00-12 EIR/Sitka
SCGC OM Mahogany/Moon
Old 11-23-2021, 08:27 PM

Default OMG....are the Wings looking respectful?

I find myself stunned by the Wings early record...competitive? Well, not when you look at the Goals Against...but hey, it's been years since the Glory days
Old 11-23-2021, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
The Grim Reaper. Interesting if you've ever heard him talk to find how thoughtful and well-spoken he is, as I guess is the case with most NHLers....
I actually met him and was blown away. Can't judge a book by its cover. When concussions ended his career he entered law school, worked for the NHLPA and also does TV analysis for the NHL Network. A cerebral and wonderful family man. I am truly impressed. One of those guys you'd love to have a beer with at a bar!
Old 11-24-2021, 06:47 AM

Was talking to a Bruins fan yesterday who mentioned that the Bruins lost to The Calgary Flames 4-0 in their most recent game. It reminded me that my Pens had lost by that same score to Calgary back on 10/28. Since both games were shutouts, I decided to check Calgary's record to see how many shutout victories they've had in their first 20 games of the season. By my count they've already had 7 shutout wins. Amazing! HC Darryl Sutter has his Flames playing some outstanding hockey!!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-24-2021, 07:30 PM

Flames are for real this season. Daryl Sutter will be in the Hall of Fame, as a coach. He's the difference. Off-season signings of guy like Gudbranson, Lewis and Richardson - guys Daryl wanted - has given my Flames a veteran presence in the room, with guys who have won the Cup. Lucic is another string leader. Mangiapane is on fire, Gaudreau is one of the best in the league - our first line of Gaudreau/Lindholm/Tkachuk may be the best first line in the league, but our goaltending tandem is, indeed, the best in the NHL. Great start for the Flames.

1978 Yamaha FG-331
2020 Recording King ROS-09-TS
2007 Alvarez RF20SM
1936 Supertone 233 "Hawaiian Belle"
1930s Harmony Mandolin

Instagram: new_york_albertan
Old 11-25-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
Flames are for real this season. Daryl Sutter will be in the Hall of Fame, as a coach. He's the difference. Off-season signings of guy like Gudbranson, Lewis and Richardson - guys Daryl wanted - has given my Flames a veteran presence in the room, with guys who have won the Cup. Lucic is another string leader. Mangiapane is on fire, Gaudreau is one of the best in the league - our first line of Gaudreau/Lindholm/Tkachuk may be the best first line in the league, but our goaltending tandem is, indeed, the best in the NHL. Great start for the Flames.
The 6 Sutter brothers from Viking Alberta who all played in the NHL. Amazing. Hopefully both Calgary and Edmonton can meet in the playoffs for a Battle of Alberta.

Larry - you must remember Duane from those 4 Cups. I have all those hockey cards from the 80s and it got confusing as to which brother was which, lol.
Old 11-25-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everton FC View Post
I'm glad they're in the West!

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic