The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-15-2018, 02:15 PM

Default EQ signal chain ideal placement

So I ordered an MXR 10 band eq to shape my acoustic tone a bit more. My acoustic pedal board has (in order) compression, tuner, chorus, reverb, delay and is very quiet -- no hiss at all. I really don't want (or have room) to add the eq pedal to the board. So, should I put the eq before or after my pedal board? If I were running through my amp, or my "big" mixer, I'd use the effects loop or an aux send, but this will be going to my Yamaha MG8CX mixer to a DXR10 powered speaker most of the time.

I'm thinking going before the pedal board is going to be the way to go.

Thoughts?
Old 06-15-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
So I ordered an MXR 10 band eq to shape my acoustic tone a bit more. My acoustic pedal board has (in order) compression, tuner, chorus, reverb, delay and is very quiet -- no hiss at all. I really don't want (or have room) to add the eq pedal to the board. So, should I put the eq before or after my pedal board? If I were running through my amp, or my "big" mixer, I'd use the effects loop or an aux send, but this will be going to my Yamaha MG8CX mixer to a DXR10 powered speaker most of the time.

I'm thinking going before the pedal board is going to be the way to go.

Thoughts?
I'd put it last in the chain. Definitely not upstream of the compressor.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification