The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-15-2013, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

Default Aloha Karlitoo

Aloha Karlito,

For the control I need as a longtime pro gigger, I go with:

- Pendulum SPS-1 preamp - the industry standard for dual-sources that works great w/ a K&K mini.

- K&K mini P/U combined w/ either an AKG 416 hypercardioid (discontinued but available online - I use 4 of these) or an AKG 516 cardioid internal mic or with a DPA 4061. All are great internal mics. They need 48V phantom power.

Other internal mic's : Miniflex, Sony, AT, Countrymen can work very well as internal instrument mic's combined w/ a K&K P/U. But the AKG's & DPA's are the best I've heard & controlled over the years.

Everything else in my live signal chain is of equal quality to the SPS-1 for maximization.

I wouldn't consider using entry-level anything ever again. I did that for too many decades - with all the control limitations that came with it - before seeing what really great stuff was out there - & allowing myself to finally get them - price no object.

That decision & that gear has been totally worth it to me.

You can spend a lot more on entry-level stuff as you move up the gear trough - or you can get it right the first time, funds allowing.

Good luck, Karlito!

alohachris

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
k&k pure mini, mic, preamp