The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 11-26-2011, 12:09 PM

Default Great Crossover Deal

I already posted this on the Taylor forum. Amazon currently has the Jason Mraz Signature (essentially the ns72 with a groovy feeling) model for 51% off list (about $1828). I ordered one. If you were like me and considering a crossover, you might want to check it out. Last time I looked they had three left.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 PM

Well, the price of the Mraz went back up to $2800. Hopefully, people who were interested picked them up before the price kicked back up.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:14 PM

Cool

Went to $2899, which I guess is about MAP.

I'd bet they (Amazon) got a call about advertising at less than MAP.

Did you pick one up for that price? Guitar Rodeo and several other online quality guys still would be about $2380, so if you got one for $1828, you made a good deal if it is new and with warranty.

Congrats and play in good health.

Alvarez Yairi CY-127-CE
Alvarez Yairi CY-140-CE
Old 11-29-2011, 08:37 PM

I honestly don't get why Bob Taylor is selling to Amazon and Best Buy. They are going to chew him up and poop him out..
Old 11-30-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ in FL View Post
Went to $2899, which I guess is about MAP.

I'd bet they (Amazon) got a call about advertising at less than MAP.

Did you pick one up for that price? Guitar Rodeo and several other online quality guys still would be about $2380, so if you got one for $1828, you made a good deal if it is new and with warranty.

Congrats and play in good health.

I also picked one up before the price went back up. Having followed Amazon's music outlet pricing for about a year (and having purchased way too many guitars from them owing to some great deals), I am certain the price hike had nothing to do with Taylor Guitars intervening in some manner. The way things work is Amazon usually puts an item on sale that they have only two copies of, or sometimes more as was the case with the Taylor Guitars Mraz model. In cases where there are only two copies available, as soon as one is sold at the reduced price the other reverts to somewhere around MAP. The point at which the price is increased is less predictable when there are more than two guitars available, but it will eventually happen, sometimes when there is only one guitar left, or sometimes before that. Having purchased quite a few of their offered guitars, the price hike usually occurs within about 30 minutes or less of the purchase that triggers the hike.

I should also add that the above only applies to instruments placed in Amazon's outlet, not their general musical instrument inventory which tends to sell around MAP. Also, as to their outlet some weeks there are real bargains, other weeks nothing worth looking at.

And although a dimwit in another thread speculated that because I have purchased a lot of guitars from Amazon I may be a corporate shill associated with them, I suppose I should mention that I am not associated with Amazon in any way and learned the above information only from having spent a lot of time monitoring their musical instrument outlet for bargains.

Last edited by HJayK1; 11-30-2011 at 06:51 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical