The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-05-2011, 07:15 PM

Default Taylor NS 24 E LTD

Wow,

I played one of these at Gruhns last week when I was in Nashville and I could not believe how great it sounded.

I am wondering if anyone out there has one. It is louder and deeper in the full body version and the neck was truly a screamer steel string setup. The high tension strings were fast and loud and made me think this could be a part of my regular guitar rotations.

Anyone have one?? There are 775 at Gruhn's with a gigbag......great neck, great sound, with EST-N electronics and a gigbag......wow.....GAS PAINS!

Jon
Old 12-06-2011, 04:36 PM

I just picked up one of these yesterday. I had played it in the store over the last couple of weeks and I loved the feel of it and how well it played. Ultimately I decided to make it my Christmas present (although the wife says I have too many guitars already). I haven't gotten around to taking pictures of it yet.

I have read some comments on here about the volume and tone compared to a true classical guitar, but I really enjoyed what I heard from this one. My only real complaint is that for a Fall Limited they didn't give it a real hard case. A 214ce comes with a hard case, but a Fall Limited does not? Big fail on Taylor's part, imo.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Congrats! I think I love the cedar top that is warm and responsive although probably not as boomy as a true classical.

However, the neck is amazing and probably what sold me. I'll be parting with some guitars over the next month and find one of these on an after Christmas treat......

Can I ask how much you paid? Or where? Also, I've never ever been a gigbag fan and would find a hardcase for it....

Thanks,

Jon
Old 12-08-2011, 12:38 AM

It is very warm and responsive! It has quickly become my favorite guitar. It doesn't have the volume that a true classical does, but it plays very nice and smooth. It fits me very well.

I got mine at Tarpleys. On Black Friday they had a 20% off sale on all guitars, so I went and put it in layaway until payday (this week). I also am not a fan of bags, so I bought a case for it as well. The git was 879 after the 20% (before tax) and the case was 80. Pretty good deal for a Fall limited!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical