The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 03-21-2023, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
I can hear just fine thanks you. But it's rock and roll, where a little pitch drift is more than common. Think Bob Dylan, or Mick Jagger. But since you were throwing stones, please revert to my suggestion.
well maybe...maybe not. I just have to listen 1:24 seconds in. I have nothing against u2. At least up until Joshua Tree. I saw them live. There were about 500 people there around '80 or '81 in downtown austin. Club foot. They were great. But when they parade around the world like superheroes with heads of state , then they should know their songs by heart, imho. Or maybe the whole shabang is fake, and the only reason there are superstars is the machine....or maybe like bob dylan said on 60 minutes...he's there cause he sold his soul. Hard to deny that one. And it's you throwing the stones. I was only making a simple observation.
Takamine F349, Takamine g340, Yamaha LL6M
'78 Fender Strat
Univox Ultra elec12string
Lute 13 strings
Gibson Les Paul Triumph Bass
Piano, Keyboards, Controllers, Marimba, Dusty Strings harp
Old 03-21-2023, 10:55 PM
Charter Member

I heard this this weekend and enjoyed it. Not a fan of the band but TDCs are usually really fun and so it is with this one.

Just to keep my guitar-spotting chops up - since I don't recall seeing the back (which would be the clear ID clue,) is the front-view clue that it's not a D-28 the ivoroid FB binding?

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2023, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
I heard this this weekend and enjoyed it. Not a fan of the band but TDCs are usually really fun and so it is with this one.

Just to keep my guitar-spotting chops up - since I don't recall seeing the back (which would be the clear ID clue,) is the front-view clue that it's not a D-28 the ivoroid FB binding?

Thanks!
I agree, Tiny Desk concerts are always worth a watch! As for guitar-spotting, if you watch carefully, you can see the two back braces through the soundhole:

(when he swaps guitars your can see the braces too, but you never get a look at the back)
Old 03-22-2023, 10:36 AM

Just happens, that I watched this clip on YouTube yesterday...while I enjoyed some of the playing, the vocals absolutely made me cringe.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN