The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-12-2023, 04:18 PM

Default ARK New Era OM Star Tree Custom

Greetings to my fellow guitar aficionados,
This is my first post here. I hope I am not violating any forum protocols.
I’ve been looking for a while for one of Tony Klassen’s masterpieces and was recently fortunate enough to acquire this very special guitar. Here are a few build details: OM Deluxe - 12 fret slot head. Sunburst Adirondack Spruce top. Figured Brazilian Rosewood. Ebony fingerboard with pearl and abalone tree of life inlay. Abalone sound hole rosette and top border. Abalone border sides and back. Waverly tuners with ebony buttons. 24.9" scale. 1-13/16" nut. 2-3/8" bridge spacing. Birth year 2015.
I was hoping that maybe someone has some more information on the guitars history. I know, it’s a long shot, but in any case I thought I’d share a few pics.
Cheers, Oliver

Old 03-12-2023, 05:31 PM
Charter Member

Dont' know the guitar but knew Tony well. He was the biggest vintage acoustic guitar nerd in the world and I mean that as a compliment. He also built really nice instruments. I'm sure it is a pleasure to play and sounds wonderful. It is certainly easy on the eyes!
Old 03-13-2023, 04:08 PM

I had only brief contact with Tony last year about a different guitar and found him to be a generous, genuine and very kind man. I feel very fortunate and humbled to be able to enjoy one of his creations. And yes, it is a joy to play and sounds incredible with finger style material a'la Frank Stokes or Big Bill Broonzy.
Old 03-13-2023, 04:49 PM

Tony was a dear friend who often stayed in my home.

Long may his art wave.

Thanks for posting this.
Old 03-13-2023, 07:22 PM

Holy smokes. Never ever ever sell that guitar. There will never be another one like it.

You might want to try the ARK New Era Facebook group. Lots of enthusiasts there.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:26 PM

I joined the FB group, but like here, there is a lot of love for Tony and his guitars but no one so far has knowledge of my guitar’s history.

I have no intention to ever sell this guitar. I was looking for a Tony Klassen guitar for a while and I was looking independently for an OM/000, short scale, 12-fret with Brazilian back/side — I couldn’t believe my eyes when I found this one

Glückspilz, I guess
Old 03-17-2023, 09:21 PM
Charter Member

Great builder. Classic instrument.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop