The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN

Old 02-15-2023, 02:06 AM
Charter Member

Default FBJ David Crosby Tribute - definitely worth a listen

The existence of this podcast episode may have been noted in the lengthy RIP thread elsewhere on this site. I just finished listening to Jason Verlinde's FBJ Tribute to David Crosby. I was never a fan - nothing against DC or any of his musical projects, just was into other kinds of music. That said, his contribution is obviously great and I found this podcast episode to be extremely interesting. It is really two recordings, one of Crosby talking with musician/producer Joe Henry at the first Fretboard Summit and another which, as I understood, was a recorded zoom conversation between Jason and Crosby, not really an interview. There is no discussion of the bands or outer trappings of his life, but lots of in-depth conversation about music, recording, what makes a good recording/album. Stuff like that. Taken together, a very insightful tribute to his varied contributions, and the music by which he will be remembered.

Here's a link or it's Fretboard Journal Podcast episode 396 if you want to find it in your podcast app:

https://www.fretboardjournal.com/pod...-david-crosby/
Old 02-16-2023, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
The existence of this podcast episode may have been noted in the lengthy RIP thread elsewhere on this site. I just finished listening to Jason Verlinde's FBJ Tribute to David Crosby. I was never a fan - nothing against DC or any of his musical projects, just was into other kinds of music. That said, his contribution is obviously great and I found this podcast episode to be extremely interesting. It is really two recordings, one of Crosby talking with musician/producer Joe Henry at the first Fretboard Summit and another which, as I understood, was a recorded zoom conversation between Jason and Crosby, not really an interview. There is no discussion of the bands or outer trappings of his life, but lots of in-depth conversation about music, recording, what makes a good recording/album. Stuff like that. Taken together, a very insightful tribute to his varied contributions, and the music by which he will be remembered.

Here's a link or it's Fretboard Journal Podcast episode 396 if you want to find it in your podcast app:

https://www.fretboardjournal.com/pod...-david-crosby/
I'll second that.

I don't recall NOT listening to ANY of Jason's podcasts, and even the ones that I considered skipping ended up with being very worthwhile to listen to.

I do podcasts with a set of bluetooth headphones so I can enjoy them when doing other mundane activities like vacuuming or doing the dishes.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > LISTEN