The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-16-2023, 09:57 AM

Default New to me Jordan McConnell 16 inch

Hello folks. Ive had this for a month or two now. I am quite taken by it for many reasons. I thought you all might like to see a few pictures.

Moon Spruce Top
Braz back/sides
Braz oil finished neck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m1.jpg (50.6 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg M2.jpg (41.6 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg M3.jpg (51.2 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg m4.jpg (40.5 KB, 212 views)
Old 03-16-2023, 10:30 AM

Congratulations, that is a thing of much visual beauty and from what I've heard of Jordan McConnell, much sonic beauty too. You're a very lucky man with your recent acquisitions.
Old 03-16-2023, 10:43 AM

That is a bucket list builder for me. Will likely never happen unless the lottery plan comes through. Congrats!
Old 03-16-2023, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MThomson View Post
Congratulations, that is a thing of much visual beauty and from what I've heard of Jordan McConnell, much sonic beauty too. You're a very lucky man with your recent acquisitions.
MThomson, it is a really lovely guitar to behold. It is also quite comfy to play despite its size. Feels smaller in the lap than I would have expected. And thank you, I have certainly felt lucky on my end
Old 03-16-2023, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
That is a bucket list builder for me. Will likely never happen unless the lottery plan comes through. Congrats!
TomB'sox, thank you so much! Can we be in touch about your show? Message me about attendance if you could. If it all worked out I might just have to bring it down there lol.
Old 03-16-2023, 05:50 PM

Did you acquire it directly from Jordan or purchased via Dreamguitars? It looks like Dreamguitars is no longer the exclusive sales channel anymore? (but I am not sure).
Old 03-16-2023, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Boy View Post
Did you acquire it directly from Jordan or purchased via Dreamguitars? It looks like Dreamguitars is no longer the exclusive sales channel anymore? (but I am not sure).
I bought this guitar used. It so happened to be from Dream Guitars. As far as I know they are his exclusive dealer for new guitars. However, anyone who owns a McConnell can enlist any store they want to resell. Of course, from what I have seen most of them end up back at Dream.
Old 03-16-2023, 07:43 PM
Charter Member

Amazing wood, that is the good stuff. I hope to play one of Jordan’s guitars one day. Congratulations!
Old 03-16-2023, 07:55 PM

Very nice brw back. Thwnjs for sharing. A mcconnell is sure not something you see every day! Do you find the mid range made more prominent by the brw neck?
Old 03-17-2023, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmat View Post
Amazing wood, that is the good stuff. I hope to play one of Jordan’s guitars one day. Congratulations!
Thanks you!
Old 03-17-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarro View Post
Very nice brw back. Thwnjs for sharing. A mcconnell is sure not something you see every day! Do you find the mid range made more prominent by the brw neck?
Hmmmm, that is a great question. More prominent than what? The guitar is very, very, very well balanced for a guitar with this much power and headroom.The sustain is really something too. It also warms up when played for 15-20 minuets and almost goes into an overdrive that is lovely to experience.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTguitars View Post
Hmmmm, that is a great question. More prominent than what? The guitar is very, very, very well balanced for a guitar with this much power and headroom.The sustain is really something too. It also warms up when played for 15-20 minuets and almost goes into an overdrive that is lovely to experience.
That's interesting. Could you elaborate what you meant by overdrive?
Old 03-18-2023, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarro View Post
That's interesting. Could you elaborate what you meant by overdrive?
Of course. All I mean to say is the guitar starts off at a certain level of volume and energy and that it seems to wake up in a noticeable way once it gets moving. Mind you it starts off in a rather wonderful place to begin with. It has a warm, colorful, articulate voice to my ear. All of these things seem to compound and even improve as the playing sessions go on

Happy Saturday friend.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop