The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-09-2023, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Yep... Planning to be there with or without family, that to be determined.
Maple Beneteau for sale
Old 03-09-2023, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Smile Go B.I.G., Go

This will be a real blast! Thanks for all your family’s hard work and gracious hosting to make these events so F.U.N.

Cheers

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 03-09-2023, 12:50 PM

So excited for you, Tom!
Old 03-10-2023, 11:46 AM

Hi there, pardon my ignorance but I was wondering if there is anywhere I can find more information about this. Is this is a private event or is anyone is welcome? I saw a Michael Watts video of him documenting (I think?) the same event and I couldn't believe how close it was to where I live! Sounds like a great time! Thank you!
Old 03-10-2023, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

Hats off to you Tom this is a BIG undertaking. I hope I can make it again this year.
Old 03-10-2023, 01:03 PM

Also hoping to make it. Might switch weekend teams in hopes of making it MUCH easier to get the time off this time.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe2311 View Post
Hi there, pardon my ignorance but I was wondering if there is anywhere I can find more information about this. Is this is a private event or is anyone is welcome? I saw a Michael Watts video of him documenting (I think?) the same event and I couldn't believe how close it was to where I live! Sounds like a great time! Thank you!
Thank y'all so much for the kind words. It truly warms my heart to hear so many nice things about the show. We really do work hard.

No this is not a private event, but I just have to limit attendance as we only have so much room. When tickets go on sale, it is a first come first serve deal with some exceptions for folks who have come to all three so far, they are welcome up to the last day! If you search the forum in the custom section you will find several pre and post B.I.G. threads from the previous years.

Michael Watts did do a video as he attended the first B.I.G. and played our headline concert that year. He had a blast hanging out with Jason Kostal and the rest of us. We took him out for some good ole' Tx food served on newspaper (well a facsimile anyway, but close enough) and taught him what a mini-muffin was. He will never be the same.

There is a Bowersox International Guitarapalooza facebook page if you FB with more info, but really, just keep an eye out on this thread and more info will come out and keep that weekend free. If you reach out to me via PM with your email, we can put you on the contact list as we send that out as well with information.

If you are close, don't miss it, you will regret it if you do, at least if you love guitars, music, fun, laughing, making friends, and hearing world class musicians in my living room...if you don't like that, don't bother coming LOL.
Old 03-10-2023, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Thank y'all so much for the kind words. It truly warms my heart to hear so many nice things about the show. We really do work hard.

No this is not a private event, but I just have to limit attendance as we only have so much room. When tickets go on sale, it is a first come first serve deal with some exceptions for folks who have come to all three so far, they are welcome up to the last day! If you search the forum in the custom section you will find several pre and post B.I.G. threads from the previous years.

Michael Watts did do a video as he attended the first B.I.G. and played our headline concert that year. He had a blast hanging out with Jason Kostal and the rest of us. We took him out for some good ole' Tx food served on newspaper (well a facsimile anyway, but close enough) and taught him what a mini-muffin was. He will never be the same.

There is a Bowersox International Guitarapalooza facebook page if you FB with more info, but really, just keep an eye out on this thread and more info will come out and keep that weekend free. If you reach out to me via PM with your email, we can put you on the contact list as we send that out as well with information.

If you are close, don't miss it, you will regret it if you do, at least if you love guitars, music, fun, laughing, making friends, and hearing world class musicians in my living room...if you don't like that, don't bother coming LOL.
Thanks so much for the clarification! I Just saw your pm too and will get back to you!
Old 03-16-2023, 07:10 PM

Due to some family issues he needs to deal with, Steve Sheriff of Edwinson guitars will not be able to show at B.I.G. IV.

I expect to be able to fill his spot shortly. I have removed him from the initial list I posted on the first page of this thread. He had attended the first 3 shows so his streak will end. There are now 4 demonstrators that have come to every show as far as I can recall.

Thanks
Old 03-17-2023, 05:08 AM
Charter Member

Wishing all the best to Steve and his family.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:52 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Quote:
Due to some family issues he needs to deal with, Steve Sheriff of Edwinson guitars will not be able to show at B.I.G. IV.

I expect to be able to fill his spot shortly. I have removed him from the initial list I posted on the first page of this thread. He had attended the first 3 shows so his streak will end. There are now 4 demonstrators that have come to every show as far as I can recall.

Thanks
Sorry to hear. All my best to Steve and family. Hope all works out for the best.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:10 AM
Charter Member

I hope it all works out well. Steve's the nicest guy and a super-talented builder.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:53 AM
Charter Member

Will be sorry not to see Steve--his guitars have always been among my favorites.

The best to him and his family as he deals with these challenges--sure hope to see him at future B.I.G.'s!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 03-17-2023, 12:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:

Thanks
I am so sorry to hear this, I was looking forward to meeting Steve. I have admired his work for a long time. I wish him the very best.

my current guitars;
2014 personal build eir/cedar 25.4
2020 Irvin SJ eir/tunnel 13 redwood top 25.5

guitars I have owned;
1977 Martin D-28
2006 Tom Doerr Legacy Select
1956 Gretsch White Falcon
2011 Taylor GA3e
1967 Silvertone
1969 Stella Harmony
Old 03-28-2023, 08:18 AM

Here is the workshop that Christee will be presenting. Should be great, I know I will want to be there if I can!!!

Creative Fingerstyle Guitar with Open Tunings

- For Composition and Songwriting

This workshop will focus on creative techniques in composition for guitar. It will introduce a variety of open tunings, Fingerstyle patterns, approaches to writing memorable melodies along with various approaches to song forms. Attendees will be provided with a collection of guitar tunings, some of which will be explored through shapes, finger patterns and creative motifs to spark new ideas in your compositional toolbox. Attendees will be encouraged to compose a piece of music (or write a vocal song) after the class given the tools provided in the workshop. By the end, you should feel there is a wide-open path of new thought to your compositional and musical toolbox. Additionally we will discuss song development, creative harmonic twists, chord progressions, and ways to make your pieces unique by developing your own musical voice.

Save the date!!!!!

Tom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop