The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-20-2023, 09:32 AM

Default B&M Artiste by Yairi

Hi
I've got one of these which I've had since new in 1981. I haven't used it for decades and it's time to go. I think it's a fairly budget model but still, might be worth selling. I have no idea how much to ask for it and I wondered if anyone could give me an idea. Usual dings and scratches but fairly good on the whole, perfectly playable. 'Hand Made' (in Japan?). I think that's what the label is suggesting. I would post a pic of the label but I can't see how to.
Any advice would be appreciated
Old 02-20-2023, 11:15 AM

If I recall correctly, the Artiste was the entry level solid top classical in the Yairi lineup. There was a Soloist, Concert, maybe another couple models. I think the Concert was the top of the line. The Artiste should have a solid top, either cedar or spruce, and laminated mahogany back/sides. Not sure if they were still using the Ramirez style headstock by 1981, but probably.

Assuming I've got the general specs right, I'd say $300-500 depending on condition. If the top is actually laminated, then less.
Old 02-22-2023, 11:50 AM

Yes I think it was the entry level. Thanks for the advice.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical