The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 09-08-2022, 06:09 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Edwinson 2022 Eclipse OM, Pernambuco/Adi

Offering a brand-new 2022 Edwinson Eclipse OM guitar, available for adoption to a good home. I built this guitar to bring to Tom Bowersox's B.I.G. show in New Braunfels TX. I've just returned home, and this guitar had a great debut and attracted quite a bit of lustful attention. I pulled out all the stops on this one, and it was played and enjoyed very enthusiastically by many of the attendees. Hopefully, someone will chime in with their impressions on this Eclipse OM.

This is quite a special guitar, featuring a true Mastergrade, bees-wing figured, quartersawn Brazilian Pernambuco back and sides, and a AAAA Adirondack Red Spruce top. If you are familiar with Pernambuco, you know it is usually fairly plain in appearance; however, the set used to make this guitar has gorgeous color and figure, which is about as rare as unicorns, especially in guitar-sized sets. Pernambuco is a stellar tonewood, quite similar in tonal character to Brazilian Rosewood. I paired the Pernambuco with an excellent set of Adirondack Red Spruce, which has a magical tonal synergy with the Pernambuco.
The fingerboard, bridge, front and back headstock plates, bevels, bindings, and soundports, and other trim are high-figured Ziricote. The purflings are highly flamed SE Asian Pyinma, with orange and black veneer lines. The neck is Honduran Mahogany, with Ziricote and Maple veneer center laminations. Here are some photos of this Eclipse OM; more info and specifications to follow.

The Specifications:
Scale length: 25.5"; Nut width: 1 3/4"; String spread @ saddle: 2 1/4"; Fingerboard Radius: 16";
Lower bout width: 15.5" Upper bout width: 11.5" Body depth @ neck joint: 4 1/8"; Body depth @ End Graft: 4 5/16".
Thirteen frets-to-body, twenty frets total; Evo Gold Medium frets. Neck carve: Slim, modern-C shape. Nut and saddle are unbleached bone, with "Relic" polished bone Bridge Pins.
This guitar is equipped with a K&K Pure Mini, three-transducer, passive pickup system. A removable clear Mylar pick guard has also been installed.
The Tuning Machines are Swiss-made Schertler open-gear tuners, black finish, 18:1 gear ratio.
The finish is Cardinal brand nitrocellulose lacquer.

I am offering two case choices. The lower cost option is a Crossrock brand fiberglass Deluxe CRF2020 hardshell case, with silver-grey exterior and midnight blue suspension-padded interior; also has a TSA lock, best quality draw-latches, a leather handle, and two padded backpack straps.

The other case option is a Hoffee custom-fitted, Thinsulate-lined, Carbon Fiber Flight Case, with a white exterior, and black plush interior.

So how much is this guitar gonna ding ya?

List price with the Crossrock case is $11,875.
List price with the Custom Hoffee case is $12,725
I am now offering the Pernambuco/Adi Eclipse OM guitar for $10,775 with the Crossrock case- an $1100 discount off the list price.
Or, with the Hoffee Carbon Fiber flight case, I'm asking $11,625. Also $1100 off the list price.

If you are drawn to this guitar and feel that it may be the one you've always wanted, I will gladly consider reasonable offers. I will include shipping plus insurance in the continental US, and will arrange an equitable split for international shipping.
Of course, I insist that you should have a suitable trial period to try this guitar out, so you can be certain that it is a great fit for you; with the caveat that, if you decline to own it, you pay the return shipping. You can spend a whole week with the guitar, if that's what you require, before deciding. Although I seriously doubt you will have any hesitancy after you strum the first chord!

This guitar has a big, lush, colorful sound, with fat, round, well-focused bass, very articulate midrange, and crystalline trebles; tons of clean sustain, blooming overtones, and very precise balance across the spectrum. This Eclipse sounds fantastic right from the start, but with an Adirondack top and Pernambuco back and sides, it has a long tonal maturation curve. It is going to keep sounding better and better for a LONG time. I set the guitar up with a low, fast action, .070" to .050" string height at the thirteenth fret, and it plays very cleanly with a moderate fingerstyle or pick style attack. For more aggressive playing, it has loads of headroom, and an .020" fiber shim under the saddle would set the string height in the sweet spot for high-octane picking.
This will be an ideal recording or performance guitar, but will also be perfectly at home on your couch.

This Eclipse OM guitar is also featured in my current Custom Shop thread; check it out for more detail photos.
And if you still want more, HERE is a link to my online Flikr library, featuring this guitar. Scroll down the page a bit.

Anything you need on this end, let me know. You can reach me at [email protected] or call (206) 271 8743. If you call, please leave a short message. I'm being relentlessly spammed, and have silenced my phone for unknown callers.
Thanks for looking! -Steve

Last edited by theEdwinson; 10-30-2022 at 08:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2022, 10:04 AM
Charter Member

This guitar was one of the highlights of the BIG III show for me. I played it several times over the course of 3 days, and it never failed to impress. I have never played a pernambuco before and found it to be a rewarding tonal experience. I can only imagine what this guitar will sound like as the adi continues to open up.

Kudos to Steve for creating this work of art--someone will be very lucky to own it!
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 09-09-2022, 01:56 PM
Charter Member

I can definitely echo Nemoman's remarks. Further, the Pernambuco wood is much more spectacular than the photos (which are excellent) would even have you believe. I've never seen any wood with that sort of mosaic-like look. Someone should make Steve a good offer on this one. It is one of the great ones.
Old 09-09-2022, 02:31 PM

Let me add a third testimony. I snuck this guitar away in the early morning hours when it was only Kathy and I getting ready for the day. The artists were still asleep and the house was mine. This guitar filled the room with beautiful notes that bloomed and blossomed as I waited and listened. This is a guitar to behold to say the least. Well done Steve.
Old 09-09-2022, 06:02 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks guys, for those kind comments. I’m grateful that many people played the Eclipse over the BIG weekend, and gave it some very high praise indeed. It’s that human touch that brings a guitar to life, so thanks to everyone who put a little of their own soul in it. I know a couple of people who came very close to going for it! I doubt I’ve ever sold a guitar for the full spec price, so, just to reiterate, I am gladly willing to consider offers.

What is yours will come to you!
Old 09-29-2022, 06:01 AM

That may be the prettiest set of Perambuco that I have seen. Very nice visual aesthetic touch too. If I were looking for a guitar (which I am not) and were it not a cutaway, it would tempt me. Well done.

Fay OM Sinker Redwood/Tiger Myrtle
Sexauer L00 Adk/Magnolia For Sale
Hatcher Jumbo Bearclaw/"Bacon" Padauk
Goodall Jumbo POC/flamed Mahogany
Appollonio 12 POC/Myrtle
MJ Franks Resonator, all Australian Blackwood
Goodman J45 Lutz/fiddleback Mahogany
Blackbird "Lucky 13" - carbon fiber
'31 National Duolian
+ many other stringed instruments.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:24 AM
Charter Member

This sweet OM deserves another bump to the top.

What a killer instrument!
Old 10-17-2022, 10:01 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
This sweet OM deserves another bump to the top.

What a killer instrument!
Thank you Kevin! I must say, I am quite enjoying having this guitar around for awhile. Usually I have to send new guitars out a week after I get them strung up and dialed in. I usually miss that magical time when they gradually reveal their true personality. This one is a gem. It just keeps getting better, every time I pick it up.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:58 AM
AGF Sponsor

Need to bring this guitar back up to the top, I've had some inquiries. I would love to find this great instrument a happy home. It deserves to be played and enjoyed. The tone is wonderful, and continually improving. I can almost guarantee you'll never see a Pernambuco guitar with this kind of spectacular figure. It was a lifetime find!
I am definitely amenable to considering reasonable offers.
I hope your Holiday season is bright with joy!
Old 01-07-2023, 01:14 PM
Charter Member

This deserves another look--hoping this stunning guitar finds a good home in 2023!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace