The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-29-2022, 06:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Congrats on the build and new lifetime guitar. You must live pretty close to me if you are 6 hours away. My daughter is going to SFA in Nacogdoches and it is a little over 5 hours for us.
Thanks for the kind words Tom. Unfortunately, we don't live so close after all since I am 6 hours away in the opposite direction. I live 1 hour east of Baton Rouge and an hour north of NOLA.

John
Old 11-29-2022, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemoman View Post
Sounds great, John--congrats and nice work!

Another highly successful student build in the books.

Kudos to Steve and Ryan--they really do a wonderful job bringing out the best on these student guitars!
Thanks again Kevin. The student build experience is fantastic... outstanding... awesome. ..fantastic!! (No particular superlative seems to do it justice) Steve and Ryan couldn't be more helpful in guiding you through the steps to make it all come together. The fact that you get to take home a top notch guitar at the end is icing on the cake.

John
Old 11-29-2022, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
First, the guitar sounds great and looks beautiful in the video!

We have had a mini student palooza at the original guitarapalooza called B.I.G. with the G being guitarapalooza. I think we have had 2 for sure and maybe 3 of the student builds here for the show that previous students like Vasu and Nemoman have brought. You are welcome to come in 2023 with this guitar.
Hey Tom,

Thanks again for the compliments on the guitar. I am aware of the BIG show you have hosted in the past. I traveled there vicariously the past two years via words and pictures posted here on AGF. Thanks for the personal invite. It looks like a blast. The quality of the luthiers and musicians you have brought together each year is to be commended. I hope to one day join in the fun.

PS. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! I hope you didn't have to part with too many of your guitars to finance the honeymoon Enjoy.

John
Old 11-29-2022, 10:54 AM
Charter Member

Surprisingly full and rich tone from a smaller bodied guitar. Looks beautiful, too!

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop