The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-09-2016, 06:50 AM

Default NGD: Emerald X20 Artisan, woody green

I took a bit of a gamble and a few months ago ordered an Emerald X20 Artisan, woody top in green. Working with Emerald is really fantastic, honestly can't ask for anything more when it comes to customer service. Was quoted an arrival date around the end of November, but they told me a couple of weeks ago that it was moving along and to expect it to ship earlier.
It arrived yesterday and I'm really impressed. Before getting into the guitar, there was a small box that contained a hand made mug with the Emerald logo, incredibly cool and surprised. I opened the case and there was a usb with professional photos of my guitar. Before even picking up the guitar I was/am really blown away by how Emerald is run.
I have never touched a carbon fiber guitar before. I have a large fire pit in my backyard and my wife always wants to bring a guitar by the fire. No way! So my thoughts were that it would be safe to bring to the fire pit, good for traveling, good to leave around the house and not have to worry about the heat/humidity.
The sound that comes out of this is really impressive. It is loud and clear. It strums equally as well as finger style. I'm really enjoying it.

My wife is really hoping that I retire my old faithful coffee mug, it has seen better days!

Thanks again to Sean from Emerald Guitars.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:27 AM

I've never thought of wanting a green colored guitar, but your X20 is such a beauty, and I bet it plays as well as it looks.
It's so cool that Emerald Guitar also sent you a mug and usb with professional photos of your guitar.
They seem like a great bunch of folks to work with.
I communicated with Sean on my X7 Artsian Amber order. He's been great to work with and always gotten right back to me.

Last edited by 121; 11-09-2016 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

Congrats to you on that Beauty of an Emerald!

I love mine so much. It's easy to get jaded when your like me and have played for over 40 years and have been blessed to have owned some really great guitars over the years of all kinds.

The Emeralds are truly in a league of there own in my book. I'm still stoked every time I pick either one of mine up. They play so great, are very comfy and sound out of this world.

I hope you get years of pleasure out of it!
Iris Smeck Slope Shoulder Dread
Iris AB Model
Many Takamine Pro series
Godin A8 Mandolin
Old 11-09-2016, 08:07 AM

That guitar is gorgeous! Congrats. Looks to be a beauty!
Old 11-09-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 121 View Post
I've never thought of wanting a green colored guitar, but your X20 is such a beauty, and I bet it plays as well as it looks.
It's so cool that Emerald Guitar also sent you a mug and usb with professional photos of your guitar.
They seem like a great bunch of folks to work with.
I communicated with Sean on my X7 Artsian Amber order. He's been great to work with and always gotten right back to me.
I also never considered a green guitar, but that is really gorgeous! Congrats.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:21 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Congrats! IMO, all Emerald guitars look great, and your green maple is another fine example. Enjoy it in good health!
Old 11-09-2016, 09:10 AM

Default Emerald X7 in amber

I was going to start a new thread just now and saw yours. Mine arrived yesterday and I agree with everything you say. They are top notch, masters of customer service and marketing. The card with pictures, the mug. Oh the mug is so sweet, wrapped in cardboard and tape with sharpie words "open me."

I will post my own thread too to show off the X7 and make further comments, but you took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 11-09-2016, 09:28 AM
Charter Member

Default X20 Artisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psfam View Post
I was going to start a new thread just now and saw yours. Mine arrived yesterday and I agree with everything you say. They are top notch, masters of customer service and marketing. The card with pictures, the mug. Oh the mug is so sweet, wrapped in cardboard and tape with sharpie words "open me."

I will post my own thread too to show off the X7 and make further comments, but you took the words right out of my mouth.
You guys are killing me......!!! My X20 amber colored Artisan was "in stock" but needed the pickup changed out to the Anthem per my request. Now I'm sitting here counting the days til it arrives from Ireland!! Now all the more excited given this post!!

Congrats on your new Emerald beauty!!!

Jim
Old 11-09-2016, 09:39 AM

Wow! Just wow.....! Congrats to both of you. And pending congratulations to Jim.

When I thought GAS was in remission (having just received my Blackbird Lucky 13 two weeks ago) now I see this. Look at recent threads here and you'll see that I have been lusting after a Chimaera double-neck in 6/12 configuration, also in green. By having the double neck, I would not have to choose between a six and a twelve on any given trip - both would always be handy.

I may have the six string side of the equation covered, but the 12 string version of the X20 in green is really appealing.....
Old 11-09-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan56 View Post
You guys are killing me......!!! My X20 amber colored Artisan was "in stock" but needed the pickup changed out to the Anthem per my request. Now I'm sitting here counting the days til it arrives from Ireland!! Now all the more excited given this post!!

Congrats on your new Emerald beauty!!!

Jim
I feel your pain in having to wait for your X20 Artisan Amber.

Sean just contacted me today about my X7 Artisan Amber, it's getting a K&K mini installed and will ship out very soon too.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:42 PM

Amazing, modern reimplementation of classic design. I'm crazy jealous. Enjoy!
Old 11-09-2016, 07:59 PM
Charter Member

Congrats on the new guitar day (all around)! Emerald certainly understands that we are buying more than just a musical instrument, and makes it a first class experience.

The green is very striking, and we'll be looking forward to seeing the two amber X7s.

Enjoy the new guitar, folks... and the lagniappe that contributes to the new owner experience. I didn't mention the mug when I originally posted about receiving the X7 (didn't want to spoil any surprises) - it makes me smile each morning.

Best wishes,
Jim
Old 11-09-2016, 09:54 PM
Charter Member

That green woody is so cool looking, very sci-fi! Emerald is really on the roll here.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:03 AM

Dear Brendan,

We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your new Emerald X20 Woody, it means a lot to us to read this, thank you so much!

Brendan very kindly left us a quick review of his X20. No doubt he will be telling you more about it in conversation here, but if you would like to read it, just go to the following page http://emeraldguitars.com/product/x2...23#comment-266

Thank you again, Brendan, from all the team here in Donegal!

Kind Regards,

Sean

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber