The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-05-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post
Does anyone else think that Emerald guitars look better than any other carbon fiber guitars?
I'm in awe of Emerald's work, though I otherwise gravitate toward more traditional aesthetics. I personally don't love the look of CF weave on otherwise traditional shapes--if weave is showing, I figure I might as well go all-in, with Emerald's futuristic, sculpted look. Also, Emerald's tinted colors look fantastic! Great way to warm up the weave.

I think Alistair's a genius, visionary artist (have a scroll down Emerald's Facebook page if you don't mind losing an hour or two). He takes full advantage of carbon fiber's flexibility in a way that no other CF builder approaches (that's not a knock against other builders, though--RainSong builds in a comparatively conventional way with fantastic tonal results!). The curves of the X20 are shocking, especially in person...a work of art that seems to defy reality. I've spent a lot of time just staring at it.

Alistair's also very accommodating with custom options, though as demand (and his wait-list) keeps increasing, I imagine he's going to have to stop being so open to custom requests eventually.

I'm looking forward to trying a larger-bodied Emerald. Currently, the X20 is Emerald's only full-sized guitar, and it's still a relatively small-bodied guitar. Alistair and I have a little project in the works.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:00 PM
Guest 928

Tom...;

Do you mean you have a BIG project with Alistair? I look forward to hearing what you 2 are up 2.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:10 PM

@tommyld - now that's what I call a wonderfully eloquent description of what makes Emerald unique!

And please keep us posted on your big little project.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber