The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-26-2021, 08:50 AM
Charter Member

Default Firebird Pickup in a LPB Tele

Thats Lake Placid Blue.

This is the first time I've used a neck Firebird pickup (different construction from traditional humbuckers) with a single coil bridge pickup. They are a Budz set, the Firebird w/ a 10k Budz bridge and they are perfectly matched.

This build has a couple slightly unusual specs from a traditional "T" build, a conversion scale neck, the pickup combo and a mahogany body. I'm not going to make any wild claims about the body wood on solid body guitars but to say this guitar does just what we expect from a mahogany acoustic. Flame on disbelievers!

Old 02-26-2021, 12:14 PM

That looks sharp. Did you say Gibson scale conversion neck?

I've got a Firebird type mini hb in the neck of a three-pickup Tele that's hanging next to me as I type this. Nice, tighter sound from that.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....
Old 02-26-2021, 12:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankHudson View Post
That looks sharp. Did you say Gibson scale conversion neck?

I've got a Firebird type mini hb in the neck of a three-pickup Tele that's hanging next to me as I type this. Nice, tighter sound from that.
It's is gibson scale, 24.75. I'm doing half of my guitars w/ conversion scale these days. Certainly are easier to play, less reach, less string tension.

I've done a couple guitars w/ Firebird neck pickups and a mini hum in the bridge position w/ a half or cut bridge plate. I do like the FBird better w/ a full bridge plate and a single coil in the bridge.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars