The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-27-2019, 11:45 AM

As a smaller person I know your problem!

I found the Gibson Parlor AG a great fit, it's not tiny, but it's got a relatively slim body, so getting your strumming arm around it is easier.

I've also got a Larrivee Parlor, which sounds awesome, they're lovely to play.

Not sure where you are in the country, but Project Music down in Exeter, and Knighton Music (in Knighton, funnily enough, Shropshire borders area) both carry good stocks of Larrivee to try.

Another option may be a Martin 00 or a Gibson L-00, both of which are smaller guitars with big sounds - Coda Music in Stevenage are good for those to try...

Huss and Dalton 00-SP
Martin OM21
Martin 000-17SM
Sigma SDM-18S
Naylor 'Spered Evel' custom made
Old 11-27-2019, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMunkee View Post
As a smaller person I know your problem!

I found the Gibson Parlor AG a great fit, it's not tiny, but it's got a relatively slim body, so getting your strumming arm around it is easier.

I've also got a Larrivee Parlor, which sounds awesome, they're lovely to play.

Not sure where you are in the country, but Project Music down in Exeter, and Knighton Music (in Knighton, funnily enough, Shropshire borders area) both carry good stocks of Larrivee to try.

Another option may be a Martin 00 or a Gibson L-00, both of which are smaller guitars with big sounds - Coda Music in Stevenage are good for those to try...
I had a Gibson Parlor AG and it was awesome. Not a huge, bassy tone, but a beautiful Gibson midrange and shimmer on the top. I think it was more at home as a fingerpicking guitar than a strummer. A heavy strum tended to overpower it. But a light touch with the pick or fingers was wonderful. And it was very comfortable to play with a short scale (though not a true short scale like many of the minis being discussed here).

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion