The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Default Ammoon Stereo Looper

I just ordered a Ammoon Stereo looper. Basically it is a clone of the Electro Harmonix 720 stereo looper.

One difference however is that the Ammoon looper has balanced TRS ins and outs whereas the the EHX 720 is just TS unbalanced. I will be using this on a pedalboard and feeding it TRS balanced signal from an Elite Acoustics Stompmix4. I also like that I will have the option of using TRS to XLR cables to feed signal to a XLR inputs on a PA without needing a stereo DI.

Does anyone have experience with this looper?
Old 11-13-2019, 12:20 PM

No, but I have been on the fence about buying one, so I will be following this post with interest.
Old 11-13-2019, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I just ordered a Ammoon Stereo looper. Basically it is a clone of the Electro Harmonix 720 stereo looper.

One difference however is that the Ammoon looper has balanced TRS ins and outs whereas the the EHX 720 is just TS unbalanced. I will be using this on a pedalboard and feeding it TRS balanced signal from an Elite Acoustics Stompmix4. I also like that I will have the option of using TRS to XLR cables to feed signal to a XLR inputs on a PA without needing a stereo DI.

Does anyone have experience with this looper?
Nope but I have their basic model (a "Ditto looper" copy) and it's GREAT! Have fun with your new toy.
Old 11-13-2019, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619TF View Post
Nope but I have their basic model (a "Ditto looper" copy) and it's GREAT! Have fun with your new toy.

I have the basic Ditto Looper, and the only thing I donít like about it is that it is one button. My right foot simply canít get the hang of the double press stop thing.

Last edited by lkingston; 11-13-2019 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:44 PM

In my case, the balanced TRS ins and outs are why I chose this over the Electro Harmonix 720. In addition to the $100 difference in price, this also saves me about $150 (plus the space) for not needing a stereo DI. It should also make the input a little quieter, since it will be a TRS balanced to TRS balanced connection from my StompMix4.

Iíll use a TRS to XLR adapter cable to send to a PA. On my Elite Acoustics D6-8, line inputs 5-6 are TRS balanced, so I will use a TRS stereo cable to make that connection (the stereo only being important when using the stereo outputs or an second powered speaker).

When I use my Schertler Roy, the stereo ins on channel 7 are just TS. In that case, it will just need a standard guitar cable and it will be no worse than the unbalanced connection on the EHX 720.

Last edited by lkingston; 11-13-2019 at 03:50 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification