The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-01-2019, 08:14 AM
Charter Member

Default I've had it...

It has been 55 years now that I've been playing guitar. "You started while in the womb?" you ask. Yes, thanks for asking.

I've learned a lot on this forum, but Evan has convinced me. Check the classifieds, as I have listed all my guitars. There are some good deals, because I am "cleaning house." And that is not easy to do, as we are still in our motorhome... but, hitting the road today.

And by "cleaning house," I have some amps and PAs in there, as well. And by "good deals," I am talking: buy one, get one free. Shipping included with the posted price. Try them for 45 days with no risk.

I may change my mind, so get one (or two) of these locked down... before I come to my senses.

"Why?" you ask. Again, thanks for asking. I really should be better than I am, having played for so many years. I considered getting one of those "World's OKest Guitar Player" shirts. But, no. I have found the instrument that I excel on, and I am putting everything into that. Evan let me see the light.

I am starting a kazoo band. Knowing what I know about carbon fiber, of course, that is where I'll be concentrating my kazoo acquisitions. I have discussed this at length with Alistair and have given my input on proper ergonomic-designed kazoos. I know he will come up with instruments beyond my hopes. I am particularly excited about the cocobolo veneer standard size kazoo, but he has some thoughts about a baritone kazoo that will change your thinking about what a kazoo can be. This is a game-changer, and I don't even understand the rules of the game. This will be followed by newly designed Level 7 pickups being installed on a special "double-lip" kazoo.

Be watching for the exciting unveiling and video reviews on the upcoming NKD (New Kazoo Day)!
Old 04-01-2019, 08:51 AM

April fools to you, too, Cap'n!

2018 Guild F-512 Sunburst -- 2007 Guild F412 Ice Tea burst
2002 Guild JF30-12 Whiskeyburst -- 2011 Guild F-50R Sunburst
2014 Gibson J-15 -- 2011 Guild GAD D125-12 NT
1972 Epiphone FT-160 12-string -- 2012 Epiphone Dot CH

2010 Epiphone Les Paul Standard trans amber 

2013 Yamaha Motif XS7

Cougar's Soundcloud page
Old 04-01-2019, 09:04 AM
Guest 928

Good for you Jim. You'll find that the Kazoo is about as portable as an instrument gets. It's also a fantastic instrument for the blues. It takes time to get good with one and your marriage might be at risk; it's a challenging instrument. Good luck, and keep us posted.

I'm going to check out your two for one sale. I'm thinking the Yamaha and maybe a 7.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:55 PM

I find that Puffs provide a much better tone than Kleenex. However, for vintage blooze tones and best playability, costco Kirkland is your best bet, and you can get it in a handy 12-pack...
Old 04-01-2019, 01:31 PM

Before I read the rest, I went to forum market, looked for your handle...

I am ready for the day, bring it on!!
Old 04-01-2019, 03:47 PM

You’ll still have same problems. I hear travel size kazoos sound boxy.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB1 View Post
You’ll still have same problems. I hear travel size kazoos sound boxy.
And a ergonomically designed Kazoo support for good posture and ability to pentatotallymesmerize the holes.

May have to give up more than your Inspire...

Cap, just saying...
Old 04-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitaman View Post

And a ergonomically designed Kazoo support for good posture and ability to pentatotallymesmerize the holes.

May have to give up more than your Inspire...

Cap, just saying...
Oh, I will be keeping the Spire - I want to be able to trade tracks with other kazoo-niacs (that's what we call ourselves).
Old 04-01-2019, 08:29 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsman View Post
I find that Puffs provide a much better tone than Kleenex. However, for vintage blooze tones and best playability, costco Kirkland is your best bet, and you can get it in a handy 12-pack...
Those of us who are true kazoo-niacs don't do the toilet paper with a comb thing. No, we go right for the made-to-be-a-kazoo instruments. There are some who think the only true kazoo is made from tin. That was fine for the 20th century, but carbon fiber is what modern kazooists will be looking for: no concerns with rusting, due to your spit getting inside the kazoo; no paint fading or concerns with Chinese kazoos being finished with lead paint. The new line of Emerald kazoos will bring this already popular instrument to the forefront. Maybe even the fivefront.

I am quickly running out of time to appreciate this thread.
Old 04-01-2019, 09:58 PM

Jim, you convinced me. I'm selling all my guitars, acoustic and electric for a bunch of kazoos.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:58 PM

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, sounds better than a well played Kazoo! My advice to you would be to find a friend with by a Jew's Harp. you'll keep friends and family entertained for.....minutes, if not moments.
Here's a sample of what I'm talking about

Old 04-10-2019, 06:19 PM

I have a few Jews harps.. hope this helps.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-10-2019, 06:30 PM
Guest 928

Blunote;

I would like to see the sample, but can't get it in its current form. Can you forum it in a different form?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:35 PM

You should get a band together. Jews Harp, Kazoo, Harmonica and Washboard!
Emerald X20
Rainsong H-OM1000N2
Voyage-Air VAD-04
Custom Les Paul
Hot Rod Deville 410, Fishman Loudbox Performer
Old 04-10-2019, 09:08 PM

Read the title of this thread and thought Cap'n spent too much time at sea and was gonna sell all his CF guitars and go all wood, and seriously take up kazoo.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber