The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 03-07-2019, 10:29 PM
Charter Member

Default Solid body electric with two hum buckers and non locking trem etc.

Hi everybody. I know this is the place for acoustics but maybe someone out there has an electric that matches what I'm looking for... My requirements are below. If you've got something, feel free to drop me an e-mail: [email protected]

What I'm really after is a guitar with two hum buckers, two volume pots, five way pickup selector, and a reliable non locking trem that can handle some abuse once in a while. (I can't stand double locking trem systems which is the only reason I sold my Ibanez Joe Satriani signature. Otherwise it was an amazing axe!) You'd think this would be easy to find but it's tough. Yes I could buy an ESP EC1000 or Gibson LP studio for example and then add a stetsbar to it but I've come across too many mixed reviews on that to trust it at present... I don't really trust e bay anymore after having guitars arrive over the years that were not as described, actual knockoffs, or damaged.

If I had a pile of cash, I'd buy a Suhr or Vigier as they make exactly what I'm after but I just purchased my Emerald X20 so I need to be sensible about this. Perhaps an older USA Washburn custom shop, MusicMan, Godin, or PRS C22, C24, or core? (I'm open to other brands as well!) I am not interested in Chinese junk but at the same time, if you're selling something for three grand, kindly move along. I'm looking to drop approx $1250, maybe less, maybe a bit more depending on what you've got. I have a confirmed pay pal account and live in the continental US.

Locking tuners, piezo, a graphite reenforced neck, and ss frets would be nice but given my current budget, they are not realistic. Something that's been played is fine;I'm not expecting something mint. However, nothing beat up please.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
guitar, hum buckers, trem, wanted